my sis Suzie Snowflake
janna and girls
Twins right? Nellie and me
Me and Jessica
I like Twilight and I'm a nerd about it. I make no apologies. I think the books were a fun read and brought back that high school love, and kind-of-obsessed feeling. To all those who don't like Twilight, I say "BOO" (with 2 thumbs down). Either you, a: Have no imagination, b: have forgetten what it's like to be a teenage girl, or c: you're just too damn cynical. With that said... do I think Twilight is the best literature ever written? no, of course not, that's just ridiculous. In fact, I think Stephanie Meyer had a terrible editor (I found myself correcting grammar, spelling, etc, the whole time). I also found her using the same words over and over. But guess what? She is NOT a trained writer... and from what I have read about her, she never professed to be. She is however, a good story teller and has obviously struck a nerve with lots of women, girls, and gothic/gay teenage boys everywhere (sorry, but seriously). When a movie makes 70 mil opening weekend...
So, onto the movie... I think i'd give it a B. I liked a lot of it, but the special effects (i.e. the running, tree climbing, sparkly skin) were not up to par. I actually hated the sparkling skin in the book, I thought it was SO steal. But I liked almost all the cast. Bella was a great bella, her spazzy volleyball playing was spot on. Edward was so cute! (I love his hair, a total throw back to Johnny Depp's 21 Jump Street big hair). I think I just might join the "Rob Pattinson Cougar Den" .... ok, that's not real, but it should be. I liked her Dad, her mom, Alice, Jasper (he's cute too, but looks constipated), Emmett... BUT not Rosalie. She was terribly cast. She is pretty and all, but it's so obvious she is dark haired girl with tan skin. The other high school kids were perfect. Mike was the perfect geek-that-liked-you-but-you-thought-that-he-was-a-geek, kind of guy. Oh, I can't forget Jacob. I think he was just OK, not as Native-american looking as I think he should have been, but he did a good job. (In my head I pictured a younger version of that Native american cop from Law and Order SVU... cuz, I think he's hot!). I really liked the music in it, it fit really well to me, and the cinematography was gorgeous.
I went to a big TwilightMoms.com party last friday with my friend Jessica, my 2 sisters Nellie and Susan, another friend from my old ward and some friends of Jessicas. We went to Red Robin for dinner and then there were booths with stuff to buy and other activites. I even got to get all "sparkled up", got some dorky bite mark tatoos, and a goody bag with "Bite Me" chapstick, a JEEP keychain, and other little goodies. We ended the night with ice cream at a place like Coldstone, but I don't remember the name... marble-something... I got my fav: coffee ice cream with Heath bar bits.
Yesterday Sean said "Let's go see a movie today". He was off work (since he doesn't work fridays normally, he got Wednesday off). Then he says "How about Twilight? I know you want to see it again anyway." and I even said I didn't care, we could see Quantum of Solace, but he said he wanted to see Twilight. I think he just wanted some ammo to make fun of me.... so we went to a matinee and even had a free babysitter. A girl in our ward gave me a note on Sunday asking if she could watch our kids for a service project. SCORE! So off we went. He laughed at a couple parts and when it was over said "Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, it was pretty entertaining." He had the same complaints as me and also hated the sparkly skin. He said he knew why all the girls/ladies like it, and why the men and teenage boys will go watch it with them... the eyecandy. He didn't think Bella was very cute (he's dumb, she's adorable)... he liked Alice... so Sean. So I will say it IS better the second time... you can just enjoy it and not compare it to the book and everything they left out. Remember they do have to condense a 500 page to a 100 page script. Let's just hope they get a bigger budget for the next one so they can up the ante on the special effects.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Yep, i'm one of those Twerds......
Posted by Sarah Lee at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I agree with about everything that you said. I did laugh quite a bit during it though. I think that they were inconsistent with Edward's makeup. Sometimes it looked like it was caked on (lipstick especially), and other times it wasn't so bad. Jasper looked like an idiot, and Dr, Cullen looked too gay for my taste. I had fun though.
I think that Sean only offered to take you so that he could get lucky later on. :)
It was laughable at times. I ended up buying the CD after the movie....and after my post, and I actually do like most of the songs. The song I hate that I think was played through most of the movie was bella's song.... don't like it. The editor was probably too into the book to notice the spelling.
I just finished laughing a lot. I'm at a loss here, trying to imagine you partying with all the Twerds. Sounds fun though. Kind of. maybe not. But good for you!
Hey, it's worth going to church, even if it's just for the free babysitting.
I cant believe you liked edwards hair, It was horrible. I think I could have loved him if it weren't for the hair.
I am jealous I would have loved to go with you on your twerd outing.
I also agree with you about the casting, but I didn't think the chemistry was there between bella and edward, it could have been a lot better.
I look forward to the next one just to see how much better they make it with a huge budget.
I'm totally going to stalk you now! I have to agree about Rosalie.... horrible pick.. I wasnt even really excited about Edward but he grew on me.... I hated the kissing scene.. I didnt love or hate it.. the books I really enjoyed.. brought me back into reading again!
Post a Comment