Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Playroom Myth

We have a playroom in our house... and it's almost never EVER clean. (Well today it is, because it needed it after much neglect). I never really cared about having a playroom, I just figured kids can play in their bedrooms with their toys. Then we bought his house and we have a funky little room that is perfect for a playroom... so here we are. I thought it would be nice to have most of their toys in there, but still a couple in their rooms (especially the big Barbie house, it's too tall for the playroom). The myth: It does NOT make it so their rooms are less messy... in fact, all it does is make another room for you to clean up. They still make a mess of their rooms, the playroom and (did I mention) the bonus room which is where they watch movies! Does it ever end?

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

No

Marie Lefler said...

Come on, every room is a playroom! Isn't that they way it is suppose to be. I even have toys in my room. Crazy kids!

DJ and Gin Family said...

The way it works is that kids like to play in any room that is clean. They mess up one room, run out of room to play, so move on to the next. My Mom used to always say this, and I never believed her until I had my own kids.
Also, a play room just makes you buy more toys. We have toys in the "toy room", in each of their rooms, and a TON of baby toys in my dining room. I found that Reese likes to be close to me, so since I'm downsatirs most of the time, along come the toys.
It's sick how many toys we have.

Natalie said...

Just get rid of all the toys and tell your kids "too bad. Now you know what it's like to live in Turkmenistan." That's what I did. No, actually I just gave up. I'll clean the house when my kids move out, which will be the 30th of never, since my kids are spaced out so far.