Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wanna Fat Lip?



You guessed it! Phoebe just pushed my buttons today and I lost it, and POW, punched her in the face... ok, ok.
Poor girl fell down the stairs. I was opening mail in the kitchen and heard a thud and I knew what it was immediatly. I didn't get there until she was at the bottom step, and luckily hadn't hit the tile. Faye said she was all they way at the top and fell backwards, down a whole flight of stairs... horrible sight to think of. She had a bloody nose and blood coming out of her mouth. Luckily I am not a freak-out kind of mom, or I might have just freaked out. She cried for about 10 minutes straight, but when she was finally calmed down enough, I saw that she had cut that thing in between your front teeth and gums... I don't know what the heck it's called. Anyway, hers was connected and was going to probably have to be cut anyway at some point. So I figure that's one less Dr.'s trip we'll have to take later, right? I'm trying to look on the bright side. Really, she will be okay and her fat lip was almost gone by bedtime. Should I just cover them in bubble wrap?

9 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Oh...poor little Phoebe!!! It's bound to happen when we have stairs in our houses...it's actually worse when you see it happen...I remember we had the gate up, Kristi in her walker (yes during those days when our kids moved around in walkers)I was at the bottom of the split entry stair at the door when I heard a loud noise and she was tumbling down as well...scary but they survive!!! Don't mouths bleed tons? That's the worse part...when they are upset and crying (no duh) the adrenalin makes them bleed harder too

The Bronson Bunch said...

Poor baby!! That is so sad! It is such a scary feeling knowing your baby is falling down the stairs and you can't stop it or get there fast enough! Do you remember when Karlee fell down your stairs at the old house and all we could do is sit on the couch and watch!??! It is so not fun! I hope her fat lip gets better!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Next time remember that the face is too obvious... too many people ask questions. :)
Poor thing. Ginny was going to have to have her "thingy" clipped too, but decided to jump on the bed while holding onto the footboard. She ended up jumping her face into the footboard and looked about the same as Phoebe. Watch her teeth though, Gin ended up killing her tooth. She had this awful gray tooth. It ended up healing, but then she did a faceplant while trick or treating, and killed the tooth AGAIN. Well, her tooth must have 9 lives because it returned to normal a second time.
Poor Phoebe.

Katie & James Shannon said...

hey Madyson just cut her thing this summer when she fell off my lap onto the floor, and now her teeth are all close together rather than a huge gap. Well I am glad you didn't freak out, my kids have fallen down the stair way too many times, but you have twice as many.

Heather said...

That looks horrible!! I am the freak out kind of mom so it's a good thing I wasn't there:) I don't know how I am going to survive having a boy!!

Ranae and Matt said...

Poor girl. That looks so sore.but just an fyi its called the frenum attachment.

Marie Lefler said...

Bubble wrap is the way to go! Both Noah and Gwen have the same lip thing. I think that is why both of them have a space between their two front teeth. Maybe this will help to not have braces when she is older.

Hendricksonblog said...

I was going to be the smartie to tell you it was a frenum but someone beat me to it. I only know because I am a take my kids to the dentist anal retentive and my kids have that. Poor Logan will have to have his surgically removed because it goes all the way through. Pheobe may as well be a boy with all her injuries.

Devyn said...

i think bubble wrap sounds like a great idea! poor little girl.. she looked back to normal on sunday though. cute little thing!