Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trunk Or Treat... NO, thank you.

Our ward did a Halloween party on Halloween night, which i'm not too fond of, (not the party part, but just being ON Halloween night) but we had fun anyway. There was a chili cook-off (where Sean got jipped for "hottest chili") a Trunk Or Treat and then a cake walk. I was a fun night for the kids, and our ward really went all out. It was nice to see a lot of adults dressed up, (I dare say MOST of them did) since I love to dress up and will do it even if i'm the only adult! I still say I do not like Trunk or treats though... let me esplain: Kids gets loads of candy in 2.5 minutes. What happened to working (or walking) a little to earn that candy? Call me old fashioned, but I like just good ol' trick or treating door to door. Here is what the kids looked like by the end of the night... a mess. Daphne ended up with a uni-brow and Phoebe and Faye just look like they have messy faces. Faye, Daphne and I still went around our little block when we got home and raked in some more candy (just what we needed). It was about 8:30 and one neighbor said "Wow, late trick or treaters"... what is he smokin'?
Side note: Sean carved the pumpkins, not me.


1 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I think that is late trick or treating too. But then again I am tired at 8.