Thursday, June 4, 2009

A whole Decade!

This is what we looked like when we first got married:

And this is how we look after 10 years of marriage:

We have not aged very well. I was really just too lazy to find any pictures of us and these are the only 2 I have on here (sorry i'm not one of those facebook people who constantly takes self-portriaits of myself... (hey, on that note, did anyone ever see that funny self portrait the girl took of herself in the bathroom and in the background there was poo in the toielt? Classic! google it)
Back to us, ten years really! I can't believe how fast it goes by. We have been through a lot over the years and even when I can't stand Sean, at the end of the day I know I love him more than anyone else (on this earth, wink, wink to ya mormons). I'm so thankful for him and the time in my life whence he came. I truly don't know if I would be active in the church today if it weren't for him. Funny thing is; he says the same thing about me. Either way you look at it we work well together, even when we don't. We are a lot the same in many things. We are both very sarcastic, which sometimes can be annoying. We've been around each other so long we often finish what the other person was saying. Yet, we are SO opposite when it comes to other things. Like organizing, attention to detail, etc. This will forever be our fights. I like things to be perfect and orderly. He always says things like "well it's good enough". My sister Nellie said it best the other day, she said something like "good enough" should never be in someone's vocabulary. (ya know, since her husband is Seans brother and all, damn Lingwalls!) In many ways he has rubbed off on me and me on him, naturally of course. I've gotten over my OCD and now my house gets messy and I realize it REALLY doesn't matter. And he is actually pretty clean. Finally. Sometimes if I have been lazy, which has been a lot since I had Phoebe (what's up with that 3rd kid?) he'll out of the blue sweep and mop the kitchen floor or do the dishes. He knows how much I hate dishes.
I can't imagine being married to anyone else, though I am thinking about asking him for another wife. One that will do the cleaning. I'll cook all day if someone will clean up after me.
I guess this post should go on and on about what a perfect, fabulous guy Sean is, but he isn't. And neither am I. And that's okay, we go together, and that's what works for us. We're not super smoozie, smoopy (remember Seinfeld) sentimental people, it's just not how we roll. But on that note I will say:
Smoochies sweethawt!

Okay, I had to find that picture. Enjoy: (and don't be offended by her lack of clothing.) "Do I Offend?" yep, another movie line.

10 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Ok your post was really good until I had to see the poo in the picture! Ha ha ha! Congrat's on the mile stone. We really enjoy our friendship with you guy's and we love you!

Natalie said...

That was sick! So was the poo picture. Congratulations on the milestone. I love the wedding pic. Good, honest evaluation of marriage - it's not perfect, sometimes you want to murder, but at the end of the day, you rub off on each other in a good way.

Hendricksonblog said...

Im too sickened by your last pic to even comment. Yuck

Foskey said...

Congratulations! Sean is very blessed to be married to you. You are a fantasmic sister in-law.I must be honest the last picture made me want to go flush every toilet in the house.

Marie Lefler said...

Congrats on 10 years! You both don't look old enough to have been married that long.

Also, I almost threw up from seeing that self portrait. YUCK! What a stupid girl.

DJ and Gin Family said...

I was prego with Tay at your wedding.... awwwwh! I guess that comes from too much rubbing off on eachother, hahahaha!
I like the sarcasm thing, it makes life more enjoyable. Some people think that DJ and I are mean to eachother, but we like to tease, what's wrong with that? We're coming up on our 12 year.... yowza!
Do you remember when Laurel stuck her camera down the pit toilet at girls camp and took a picture? She then hung it on the fridge. My dad ripped it up, only to find out she had printed doubles.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Brian and I have the same marriage. People probably think we're horrible to one another when they hear one of us tell the other, "Nobody likes you," or "You are the smelliest person I know." But it's what endears us to one another at the end of the day.

Congrats on your decade together. May you put up with one another for a decade longer.

And thanks for your self portrait, but next time, lay off the self tanner and try flushing the toilet.

Devyn said...

Happy Anni! 10 years wow.. 10 years ago I was 13 :) he he I can't wait for the BBQ tomorrow.. love it!! And my goodness Sarah.. that pic.. I think I have seen it before. Funny, yet disturbing. Ha ha.

Becky Low said...

Congratulations girly! Sweeeeet! I LOVE to read your blog...it makes me laugh every time! I can't wait to tell everyone I know about the chick with the poop in the toilet. Ugh! Hope you're doing well!

Erin said...

Ok I am soooo offended and grossed out! lol. That was sick. But on another note, GRATZ on 10 years that is wonderful!