Friday, June 12, 2009

I love this kid... but not so much the big kid who keeps getting hurt.


he's done it yet again. Out of work for 5 weeks. And on crutches. Or should I say cane. He's preferring the grandpa cane so he can hit us and say "ya wippersnappers!"

He rolled his ankle after landing wrong while playing basketball at our neighbors. And he didn't even get the dunk. Lame.

The doctor said the good news was that is was not broken. The bad news: it's the worst kind of sprain you can get.

Pheebs cracks me up one minute and then I want to kill her the next. It's like Tom and Jerry. She loves to run away from me (while i'm trying to kill and eat her).

This is her daily uniform these days. I get her dressed and she immeadiately goes to the dress up clothes to find this little tutu frock or the U of U cheerleader outfit. She then wears it ALL day. If I even try to take it off it's like fighting a pit bull. She wins.

6 comments:

Tina said...

OUCH! Good luck with those two!

The Bronson Bunch said...

I hope it heals so that he isn't in pain while you are in Disneyland!!! Lots of walking.....ouch! What are you going to do with yourself? I can imagine how having the hubby home ruins a routine!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Man, that post could have been mine! DJ did the SAME thing to his ankle, and Reese sounds just like Phoebe. I love the dress up thing though, especially when they throw on a pair of heels!

Becky Low said...

Wippersnappers! I LOVE IT! Sorry to hear it though~what a sucky way to start the summer! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ouch and yuck!

Hendricksonblog said...

shouldnt that thing be not so swollen anymore?