Monday, May 25, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day




Need I say more? Sean went fishing with his dad and brother and caught nothing. Our beautiful blossoming purple robe locust was blown too hard and snapped at the trunk sometime in the night. Sean tried to tape it back up, give it support, and then cut some of the top of the tree off, but, honestly, I think she's a goner. I felt like crying when i saw it. I really did. Faye even said to me, "I'm so sorry about our tree Mom, i'm going to miss it too". Ah, she cracks me up. And lastly, Sean got a "bee in his bonnet" as he called it (suddenly he's turning into my grandma) and finally decided to try and fix the fan that wasn't working. Good news: the fan now works. Bad new: The glass that goes over the light fixture is shattered and now lies in the garbage can. Our wood floor is also damaged... hence my title: the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
On the bright side I did just finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and now can get some proper sleep. I think if Faye were a Potter character, she'd definitely be Luna.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Sorry about the light, but it's kind of funny.

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

I just hate those days....only good thing is....it's just got to get better!!! Good luck with your 'other' days =)

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

i agree, it's funny, but not. And a taped together tree? I'm sure that'll survive.

Hendricksonblog said...

you forgot to post about Faye saying you are "poor" now.
nellie told me that and it made me laugh so i passed it on to mom.

Marie Lefler said...

Luna! LOL

DJ and Gin Family said...

Poor tree!
Bad days always seem to work that way, don't they?
I liked your last post, but next time you should get in on the picture... that would be EXTRA funny!!

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours...and apparently sometimes breaks trees!

P.S. It was SO good to see you the other day. I am so glad you stopped by.