Monday, June 29, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos Sean- Trenta y tres


33. Sounds SO old. Holy cow. Not only does he still have a sprained ankle but Sean got the ultimate birthday present on Friday... a vasectomy. He's really been enjoying frozen veggies this weekend. I even got to watch the surgery, awesome! I asked my sister in law Margaret(who works at the clinic) if I could watch, and she got the okay from the doc. I guess they don't usually let wives go in to watch because they baby their husbands too much and it can cause problems. Boy, they don't know this wife. But apparently Margaret does. She knew I wouldn't "baby". It was neato. They really wasn't much blood at all. The only gross part was the smell of burning flesh, and really that wasn't too bad.
On saturday we had a BBQ with friends and it was a lot of fun. Food, talking and kids splashing in the background. And more of the same on Sunday with family, but I forgot to break out the camera.

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Faye told norma today that her dad had a broken ankle and he had a cast and she said on his leg and she said no on his nuts.......norma looked at me very shocked and I laughed and said he had the Vas. It was sooo funny!!!!

Natalie said...

Ha ha! I am laughing right now. Not only about your candor with your hubby's "procedure," but with what Faye said. Good luck with that!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I guess that you may as well get the vas done while he's already out of commission, huh?
DJ would kill me if I posted that about him... you crack me up!
Burnt nuts... gross!

Sarah Lee said...

in my defense the word "nuts" is not used at our house. First off there is only one person with them, secondly Sean says "junk" which is not much better. i asked Faye where she heard that word and she told me one of my friends little boys was saying he "hurt his nuts" and she asked him what that was and he proceeded to point to his "junk".
Sean could care less. The only thing he's sad about is not gettin' any! ha.