Life can sure change in the blink of an eye, aye? Back in December we had decided we were going to move next spring, as in 2011. I just miss being closer to family and most things we do end up being in Salt Lake. I thought it wasn't going to feel that far away moving up here, i mean, it is only 40 minutes. Well, I was wrong, it does. I love our house, but it is just a house. I have made some really great friends up here, most of which I hope to continue our friendships. I have also learned from the few callings i've had. But, those people will move on, and there are always more people to meet and befriend, and more callings to be had.
Then one sunday in January Sean said to me he was ready to move now. This was somewhat of a shock. Sean doesn't usually care and I end up making all the decisions. Though he's always fine with whatever the turn-out is. He just feels nothing is keeping us here and neither one of us feel "settled". We made our decision that we would put the house on the market in April when real estate gets going and my tulips would be pretty. On to praying. We prayed about it, and knew we needed to go to the temple. Luckily we go to the temple every month and in February when we went I got the most overwhelming feeling i've had since we were praying about having a baby (which turned out to be Faye). I really felt like my bosom was going to burst! I'm not making light of it at all, i'm serious. (which I need to clarify because i tend to be sarcastic a bit too much) Sean's final answer didn't come until a little later, though he knew he wanted to do it.
Now on to that curveball... unfortunately, it was thrown by the elfish Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker, who just happens to be Sean's "official" boss. He's a great guy, lemme tell you (now, i AM being sarcastic). Yesterday we listed our house and Sean was informed he was being laid off all in the same day. Irony, oh how i love it. Sean is 1 of 67 people the city is laying off. June 30th will be his last day. Too add to his punch to the gut, he had to go to a staff meeting today where everyone was informed of his layoff among the others in other departments, and then he got to watch a video from the mayor where he told everyone they were getting 1.5% increases. Nice. Fire people and give the ones staying a raise... oh, and make the ones going have to sit and listen to it. Real nice.
I'm trying to think of ways to make lemonade, but these are some pretty sour lemons. I have only heard Sean really cry a handful of times, and today was hard to take. The thing is, i'm pretty okay. I mean, we're all healthy, no one's died. Life will go on, right? It will. I'm not feeling cyncial at all, which is major for me. I tend to dwell on the negative in such situations, but for some reason, i feel like things will work out. I thought my answer was for us to move on and to a new home, but maybe there are other plans in our future. It might also help I haven't talked to anyone yet. Don't get me wrong, i've shed some tears, but I have faith in Sean and I know we have a loving family that can help us out if we need it.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Curveball, you've been thrown.
Posted by Sarah Lee at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Dang Sarah, that sucks. Take heart in the bossom buster you had in the temple. You may have to hold on to it throughout this ordeal. Best of luck with Sean getting employment. And your frequent temple trips will help you more than you'll ever know.
I hope everything works out in the best way, soon:)
Wow Sarah......that's a big blow. I'm here if you need anything. Even just to talk. It seems like our circle has gone and is still going through some BIG changes. Please know I love you guy's so much and we will keep you in our prayers. When it rains it pours sometimes. I'm glad you seem to be at peace with it and that you have a good attitude. Hopefully Sean will see the light you see and things will work out for the best for you!
I am so sorry. We are just coming off a layoff and a year of unemployment. You will make it just trust in you husband and the Lord. Good luck.
You not only have faith in Sean, but you have one of the most amazing attitudes I have seen in a long time! We can all take a lesson from you.. Hang in there, you are going to be just fine ... doors really do open up when you need them. Good Luck!
Wow!!! I hate that, when you think you have an answer and then something comes to make you question it and then you wonder if you should be questioning it and its just a cycle and you have no clue what to do. Im glad you are not freaking out (how very unlike you). You will be okay but it may not be without some suffering unfortunately but then again maybe it wont. Im surprised to have only heard of this via your blog. I actually looked up your blog because I just read seans facebook. Heres to hatin' the politicians.
Lame. Lame. Lame. I'm sorry you and Sean are going through this. Prayers abd thoughts going across the miles. Damn, I just sounded like a Hallmark card, sorry about that. Becker sucks.
That is so not ok! Can he sue for anything. It can't be right how they did that in a meeting! Please let me know if I can do anything! Playdate, cook dinner etc! I hate to see u move but I know we can still do stuff and u will always have people here who care about u.
Erin
Hi Sarah. This is Sara. This post of yours has inspired me. You have a lot of faith and a great attitude and are a good example. I agree 100% with the first comment. Stick with how you felt in the temple and everything will work out just like it is supposed to.
P.S. I can't believe how big and beautiful your girls are getting.
Post a Comment