Thursday, April 8, 2010

Classic?

I've been adding classic movies i've never seen to the Netflix queue here and there and have enjoyed many of the "old" movies i've seen so far. That is not the case when it came to Breakfast at Tiffany's. I won't say I hated it, but I don't ever want to see it again. How is this movie considered a classic? It was crap. Money-grubbing call girl falls for writer/male gigolo (who just happens to look like Ken Barbie doll). What the freak?! All the while Audrey is quite adorable with her doe eyes, fake lashes and uber-stylish 60's fashions (which was probably the best part of the film). The acting was terrible. And the asian part played by Mickey Rooney was just plain offensive.

There was no breakfast at Tiffany's. The only thing that happened there was the cracker jack prize ring being engraved with their initials. Yeah right.

The moon river song had nothing to do with the movie. At all. That part felt so out of place and felt like you had started watching another movie entirely.

Can someone explain the appeal of this movie to me?

You want a classic? Get Harold and Maude. There's a good ol' classic.

3 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

I sort of see how you might not like it. I think the trying on mask scene was fun and I sort of liked it but don't see how it's a classic either. I guess it's just our strange humor but I could see Harold and Maude over and over and just laugh for hours. LOVE IT!

Hendricksonblog said...

couldnt agree more with that whole thought on the show. i cant remember harold and maude except that it was crazy. I should watch it again. It was like opposite of a pedophile right?

Kati Jo said...

I felt the same way when I saw it!!! I was watching it thinking "were they smoking crack when they were writing the script??" DUMBEST movie I've seen!!! I'd rather watch napoleon dynamite, now there is a classic ;)