Monday, April 12, 2010

Treasure Trove to DIe for

I went on a DI hunt last week, and boy oh boy, did I hit paydirt! Well, to me at least. I spent 40 bucks and got a crap load of goodies, or as some may say, a load of crap. A few things may look like crap, but I can see the diamond in the rough. I think I need to be grounded from there for a while. I went just looking for a frame, and left with 17 items, none of which was a frame.

This french memo board was in perfect condition. Cost; 3 bucks! I gave it to my sis April because it matches Sameroos bedroom prefecto.


This dance sign will have the "dance" vinyl ripped off, but it has endless possibilities. Cost; 1 dolla fitty cents. The snowman lantern is just what I needed to hang from my sheperds crook by my front door around Christmas time. I think it was 2 bucks.


This little gem is going to be quite handy, and hopefully cute once finished. It's a mail/bills/keys organizer. Someone was just too lazy to finish it. First I need to get 2 more little pegs, add black paint, sand it, then rub with some stain and voila, it will be done. Maybe some vinyl on the front part? What should I have it say?


These were $3 for both. Daphne already has a shelf with scalloped edges, so once painted they'll go with Daff's room.


Except for dust and one little scrape (on the side), this was in almost perfect condition, and will be great for the newly painted downstairs bath. cost; 5 doll hairs!


Lastly, this fancy little pin. I don't know how i'll wear it yet. Not only did I love it, it was 50 cents.

6 comments:

Devyn said...

awesome! i need to get in to DIing. great finds!!

Susan Catmull said...

I think we have the same DI affliction. I took my kids there the other day looking for a costume for Josh's school project and $60 bucks later with tons of jeans/other clothes for Sydney and a great U of U sweatshirt for Nick. And we also found everything for Josh's cowboy costume. Looks like your DI had some great finds. Well done bargain shopper!

Natalie said...

I think your vinyl should say "I heart the DI."

I have a friend who has a goodwill problem (our only DI is up in Portland). So, I tell her things I'm looking for, and she usually finds them for me. It's great, because I hate to shop and she gets her thrift fix.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Do you remember when we were at the DI looking for Halloween costumes and Nellie peed in a pair of pants she was trying on? She had to buy them and was so worried that the checker would feel/see the wet crotch. Good times.
Also, you need the vinyl to say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".
DI is way more fun when you aren't forced to shop there.

Nichole said...

This is why I stay away from there! I have too much "stuff" that needs re-doing or throwing away...I must stay away!

Ranae and Matt said...

love all the stuff. we need to go DIing and yard saleing and see who can find the best deal