So what can I say, I didn't plan anything for family home evening. Daphne had a fake toy cookie and said she wanted to make cookies like it, so Sean took over and started marking some sugar cookies.
This is what Faye was doing while they were making cookies; her Christmas list. She kept asking me how to spell things, and honestly, I wasn't really paying attention (I know, what a crappy mom... yada, yada,). Well this is what she was writing and what she wants for Christmas. What the crap! She's 5 (almost 6) going on 12, I guess.
She then drew this below her list and told me it was Grandpa and Grandma Bray. I never knew my dad had a Guido mustache and hair like Nick Nolte's mug shot.
Now, onto the cookie making. Daphne was having a blast pushing the stool all over to where ever Sean was and talking his ear off. Phoebe was just following him around too, jibber-jabbing. As for the cookies... Sean has never made sugar cookies and I wasn't helping, so I had no idea things weren't going so great. Sean said the consistancy wasn't right, so he just tried to make them like regular cookies.
This is the finished product! I think he just needed more flour.... they don't look so great, but they tasted good, so we ate em up.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Family Home Evening: Cookies... I think!?!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish Jason would take initiative and do stuff like that with our kids! Of course I know he is a good dad but to make cookies??? I wish! That looks like a fun family night!
You're going to have to watch that Faye. She is well beyond her years. It made me laugh to see her list.
that looks like mom
Ok you so crack me up! At least you guys had a family home evening:)
Wow, little Sarah having family home evening.... good girl!
I don't know about you, but I still picture you as a teenager, weird to think of you having family night.
I love the Christmas list. My oldest wants an Ipod. I don't even have one, why would I buy one for my 8 year old? Why does the oldest have to grow up so fast?
Post a Comment