
Friday was a very depressing day. I went to see about getting Lasik eye surgery at Hoopes vision... and, you guessed it, I am not a good candidate! That really, REALLY sucks! I am so blind, i'm completely useless without contacts or glasses. With how bad my presciption is, they would have to remove a lot of my cornea, and mine is too thin to risk it. So crappy, I guess i'm beyond repair. The scary part... i'm only 29 (okay, okay, almost 30). So what does that mean for me as I get older? Seriously, when he came back to tell me it wasn't going to work for me I felt like crying. So for anyone who is wondering, my RX is a -9.50 and a -8.50! I hear people complaining all the time about how bad their eyes are, and I'll ask "What is your presciption?" They'll always answer with some puny RX like -3 or -4. So imagine being twice or almost 3 times worse than that! Life sucks and then you die.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Blind as a bat... and staying that way!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HOLY CRAP you ARE blind!!! I thought my -5.75 was bad!! Every time I go to the eye doctor I get worse so I REALLY want to get Lasik before it is too late!!
whooooooooooooo...honestly...that is a bad perscription.....I'm 5 something and a thought I was bad!!! Sorry for your disappointment!!
Mine were almost that bad, I think they were both around -8. I actually have had lasik twice. I got it about 3 years ago, but my vision didn't heal very well. I wasn't even legal to drive, so I went back last April. I'm now 20/15. I wasn't a candidate for regular lasik, I had to get PRK. That is where they basically laser the surface of your eye off, and let it grow back. The first 2 weeks sucked, and then it can take up to a year for your vision to heal completely. Did Hoopes consider PRK? I had mine done at LasikPlus. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.
That does suck!
I had the same problem when I went in to find out if I could get lasik, my cornea was to thin. I didn't realize your eyes were so bad. At least you can wear contacts, I can't even do that. Every time I try I put them in for about two second and my eyes start burning and itching like crazy. Oh well I guess it will always be glasses for me.
Post a Comment