Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wild thing, you make my heart sing.

We rented Where the Wild Things Are friday night, and I have mixed feelings about the movie. This was one of my favorite books when I was little. We didn't have it at home, but I got it from the library at school a lot. I still remember the first time the poofy haired librarian at Orchard Elemtary read it to us. I was mesmerized. I don't know why, but I just was. We drew pictures or told about books after they were read to us. Of course, I drew a picture. I was very proud of my picture and I guess it was pretty good for a second grader because the librarian asked if she could keep it and put it up in the library. I wish I had it now, it probably wouldn't be as good as I thought it was though.
Well, I did like the movie. Though it was a bit boring at parts. Pretty artsy fartsy for a kids movie. They could have taken out about 15 minutes of the movie in my opinion. The middle part was just too long. Faye and Daphne watched the whole thing and liked it, BUT my kids are weirdos and love weird movies, so I wasn't surprised. We heard faye sniffling at the end and Sean said "Are you crying?" In between sobbs she answered "yes, because I'm so sad that he had to leave the wild things, but he missed his mom, and I will never run away because I will miss you guys". She's sensitive, but i'm glad. I had heard a lot of reviews that said kids won't understand it, I say that's crap, Faye totally understood it. She said she knew he just imagined the wild things because he was mad at his mom. Kids are smarter than many adults give them credit for. As for Daphne, she tried to tell us she cried a little too, but she didn't quite get it all, plus she's the devil and only cries if she's hurt or is told to clean up her room. Phoebe got kicked out halfway through the show due to rowdyness and it being way past her bedtime.

1 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

That is cute that she cried. I haven't seen that movie yet. I just realized, whats the point of haven't? you don't save yourself much typing and hey what's the point of don't too and what's? Why am i just realizing these things?