Monday, December 14, 2009

I want to be, to be... a dentist!

Monday, monday, can't trust that day. This day will not soon be forgotten, and why I almost never take kids anywhere. First, Faye had to go to the dentist to get 4 cavities filled. This is the first time she's had any and she has 8! So today they did one half, the other half will be next week. 2 of the cavaties were really bad and they ended up having to put crowns (or little silver caps, not real crowns) on them. I thought she would be nervous, but I didn't anticipate her wigging out! She was a nervous wreck and kept thinking she couldn't breath. I think she's a mouth breather like me, so trying to just breath through her nose (especially with a thing on it pumping her full of candy cane scented gas) added to her "episode". Luckily one of the assistants was really good and talked her through it. I was totally stressed out the whole time. I think my butt cheeks were clenched for 40 minutes straight. (I should have buns of steel now)

Then.... off to Sams club, where I discovered I HATE old people. Okay, not all of them, but raunchy ones. I let Faye come with us to let the numbing wear off and to eat lunch (good old $1.50 Hot dog combo) since she missed it at school. Rounding a corner, with a cart full of diapers, wipes, rolls, all large items, I almost ran over a little girl. I quickly apologized and said, "OH, I'm sorry" to which her nasty grandmother gave me a dirty look and "hmphed" at me. It took me a second to realize how rude she was, so she was about 15 feet away before I said "I said I was sorry, you don't need to act like such a wench!" Yes, i said it, and I'm not sorry. I mean somone does something on accident, apologizes and then gets that treatment. Um no, I ain't gonna take it.

Off to eating our dogs N soda. You konw how you're totally crammed into those crappy little picnic tables, which just happens to be in the middle of a warehouse, not some fancy place, right? Faye was nicely throwing away all our garbage for me, when the pleasant old man sitting behind her gets up, turns around and says to her "Stop getting up and down, you keep bumping me every time you do". Nice. I was so taken abake I didn't even know how to respond. I asked Faye is she did in fact bump him. she said yes, she did. I decided on this one to take the high road and ignore him. I did though remind her if she bumped someone she needed to apoligize. Then getting ready to leave; Phoebe spills my drink all over the floor. Seriously?! I quickly cleaned up what I could and Faye told someone there was spill. When we got into the car I yelled "I freakin hate old people!" to which Daphne said, "yeah, but not our grandma's and grandpa's huh?" So I had to quickly clarify I don't "hate" anyone and that I was just mad that "those" old people at the store were very rude.

After dropping Faye off at school, back to the dentist for Daff. She did awesome. She only got one filling and didn't even need a shot. She's the brave one. It didn't even phase her. If only she was the one with 8 and Faye with 1. While waiting for Daphne, phoebe, for some weird reason, kept whining and saying "No look at my teeth!" She hasn't even been to a dentist, yet i'm thinking she'll repeat Faye's antics when the time comes.

After the second trip to the Dentist I had to run (well, drive, really) a couple errands/christmas shop; Ross, grocery store and then Hobby Lobby. I got my ribbon and was headed out of the door when I decided to go past the trees. We were passing a nativity scene for your front lawn, (you know, those big cheesy ones?) and Daphne asked were the baby Jesus was. I didn't know, but we both wondered why there was a basketball there in his place. I turned to look at a tree and from behind heard Daphne say something like "bounce the ball...." and CRASH! @#&$@*. The ball didn't bounce. It shattered. It was a resin piggy bank.

I need a nap.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Go take a nap, you deserve it after all of that!! Makes me tired just reading about it:)

Marie Lefler said...

Oh so sorry. That really does suck. Stupid ornery old people. Too bad I couldn't have your kids all day (I could have you know if you wanted me to). Maybe next time you should just leave them with me and get things done faster and without the craziness! I hope your evening goes better.

Destiny said...

I love your blog posts... they always make me laugh!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I live for those days, don't you?

Hendricksonblog said...

Funny to those of us that werent you today.
Ella had freak out attack at the dentist too and thought they were smothering her or something. Im not nice either when people say snotty stuff to me. One day I might take the high road and keep my big trap shut.

The Bronson Bunch said...

I shouldn't be laughing at your bad day but I can't help it! Ha ha ha! Poor Daphne and the basketball incident. And those old people sounded like they needed their afternoon naps to not be so grouchy! I'm glad you said something to that lady though. Maybe she didn't realize how bad she was being?!

Natalie said...

Glad you said something to that lady, too bad you didn't say something to the guy. Not enough people tell off the men. They just tell off the women.

I learned to dislike many old people while working at the Albertson's in Bountiful. Then, while working at Albertson's in Provo, I learned to love the old people. I think the further north you go, the crazier the old people and mom's get. For reals!!!

Your sucky day makes for a cheerful giggle from me. Thanks!!

Nichole said...

Ugh...reading about your day has wore me out. I need a nap!

Devyn said...

LOL I saw that basketball!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I can see me doing the same thing. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. You can laugh about it now that it's over with, right? Right?