Monday, November 30, 2009

Cheerio my wee lil lass

I'm feeling anything but cheery today. I decided on this new background for Christmas because it was just that; cheery. I've been a bit on the raunchy side lately and i'm a little embarrassed to admit it. Even with Christmas coming and as much as that makes me happy, i've just been in a funky mood. I think it's working retail. And possibly not getting enough sleep. You see my friends, I work at Kohl's part time and though I mostly work the ad set (which is the team who changes all the signs in the store to reflect that of the sale... which there is one every other day at Kohls, seriously) I also said I would learn the registers and do whatever else since Sean doesn't work fridays. I thought "why not?" hmmm, i'll tell ya why not, it is ruining a little of the Christmas spirit for me. I'm already a little sick of Christmas music since it started the day after Halloween, and people are so consumed with "stuff" it's sad. I got the priveledge of working black friday, which I do normally shop on (mostly for the crazy people watching and of course some of the dealios). Working that day and seeing how people can act, over stupid stuff they don't need anyway, twas sad.

I'm also always tired partly due to working late hours and also due to my obsession with not being able to stop reading once I start. I'm currently reading a series about 2 sisters in 18th century Scotland. They are both in love with the same guy, who just happens to be their cousin and drama ensues from hence forth. The books have the gayest of names though, so I was not sure about reading them. The first was called Thorn in my Heart, the one I am reading now is called Fair is the Rose, and the last (which Sean endlessly makes fun of) is so dorkishly called Whence Came a Prince. I know, I know, but "judge not lest ye be judged"... eh, eh? The story is also from the Bible. It's the story of Leah and Rachel, which I am not familiar with at all. Though the writer obviously added to it and put them in 18th century Scotland. It's very good though, it's very much full of love and faith most of us could never imagine. Their morals make me feel like a slacker. Almost everything they do and say revolves around God or is in his name, etc. 'Tis interesting to say the least. Did I mention you also are almost reading a different language? She uses all the scottish dialect and even has a dictionary at the end of the book to refer to, which would have been great to know when I read they first book. Really though you can figure out what things mean within the context (unless you're an idiot, of course). I keep finding myself thinking the way they speak. Anyone else do that? I remember when I was reading all the Harry Potters I did the same thing as well, I believe I even wrote a blog or two and ended many o' sentences with a question. As the British do. What a nerd I am. Anyway, if you are looking for a good read I think they are very good.

On that note of nerdiness... I went to the midnight showing of New Moon with my mother in law, 2 sisters in law, 4 of my sisters, 3 of my neices, some of their friends, and my friends Jessica and Michelle. It was fun and all the eye candy was good, even if it does make me a pedophile! We also went to Z Teja's before for some good eatin! I don't believe i'll be doing a midnight showing again, since I didn't get home and to bed until 4 in the morning. That's just too late for any sane person.

Pictures of the bonny lasses:




6 comments:

Natalie said...

Well Sarah, raunchy or not, you sure made me laugh. Especially about your books. You're right, those are the gayest names ever! Maybe you could read the bible sometime, eh?

Sorry you're working retail. I remember well how that kind of dampens the holiday spirit.

Heather said...

I have worked retail several years at Christmas and it really is hard to get in the Christmas mood when you have to deal with "those" kind of people all day!! I shopped "Black Friday" and it is sad how many people are rude, pushing everyone else out of there way just so they can get something that is on sale! Where's the Christmas spirit??!! I hope things start going better for you and you can get more sleep (maybe if you stop going to those midnight movies)!:)

Hendricksonblog said...

What a bunch of nerds going to New Moon. I find the ridiculous people on Black Friday to be quite entertaining but still ridiculous. I did not punch or yell at anyone, not even a dirty look (intentional one anyway)

The Bronson Bunch said...

I hear ya on the funky mood. I've been in a rut too. I am sure you working retail is NOT helping at all! I hope that you can get out of your rut somehow! I had a great time at the movie with ya! June! Can you believe we won't have to wait until next November to see Eclipse?!?! I need to look up those books and read them still. They sound really interesting.

Anonymous said...

I want to come and see you at Kohls! Which one are you at? I had lost the link to your blog and happy to find it again...I love keeping up with your family!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Did you ever imagine, as a teenager, that you would ever in your life read books with such gay titles or go to see a chick flick about a girl in love with a werewolf and a vampire, at midnight with a bunch of ladies? Yah, me neither. (That sentence made me tired).
Merry Christmas and Bah Humbug!!