Thursday, November 5, 2009

8 kids!?! Blasphemy!

2 nights ago while eating dinner we got on the subject of another baby (why I don't know, since it's not at all possible at this point, since we already nipped that one in the bud). I asked if they wanted another baby (not that we let our kids make those kinds of desicions) but just to see what they said.
Faye: "No, babies are boring"
Daff: "Yea, we jusy like 2 year olds"
Faye: "Yea, Phoebe is fun because she can do stuff. Babies just lay there and cry. AND that would be a lot of kids. (in a whisper) Nellie has a lot of kids huh?
Daff: "yea"
Me: "They only have 5. What about April? She has 4?
Faye: "Well Nellie has like Chloe and Keenan and Finlay and Quinn and Axel!"
Me: "I think she wants another kid too, so she would have 6."
gasps!
me: "Dad's family had 6 kids and guess what? Mine had 8."
double GASPS!!!
Daff: "that's too many kids!"

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah Sarah, you were that dreaded 8th child. How does that feel? I can imagine their gasps as they realized how many kids that really is. Yikes!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

That's funny! I always ask Reese if she wants us to have a baby, and she says, "Noooooo, I'm baby Seesee (Reesie)."
I can't imagine having another one anyway, I would probably go crazy... or I guess more crazy.

Hendricksonblog said...

My kids are so small they only count as halves.

Sarah Lee said...

i'm glad they went for 8, but really, it seems crazy!

The Bronson Bunch said...

That's hilarious! Kids think the funniest things!

Cascade said...

That is so funny that your kids are against you having another baby. My kids are just the opposite they are always telling me to get pregnant again (all my kids love babies). Crysania says I should have 12 kids!!

Em and AJ said...

That is too funny! I only have 2 and think of having another one would kill me off, I can't even imagine having 8.