Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The dreaded Diane!

I forgot to ever post this:


We were going shopping a week ago with the girls and they asked where we were going. Sean said "Well, you girls have been bad lately so we decided to trade with another family who has 3 boys".
Faye: "Are you kidding?"
Daphne: "NOOOOOOO! I don't want to go"
Me: "i'm sorry, but we are just going to try it out for a while and see if we like boys better. Plus you have been really naughty lately."
More moaning and crying.
Faye: "But mom, what if they don't like my name and they name me Diane or something?"



a few days later:

"Mom, can I have a peach"

"no, it's only 10 in the morning, wait for lunch"

"Jesus want's me to be healthy MOM!"
-daphne

5 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

So funny-didn't know Diane was a bad name. YEah you mean mom, Jesus wants her to be healthy, give her a darn peach. LOL

Natalie said...

You said NO to a peach? If my kids asked for a peach, I'd tell them to eat up!

We had a rat once. Sarah named it Joann. It reminds me of the name Diane. Too funny!

Hendricksonblog said...

Seriously give her a peach.....dont be ridiculous. Im sort of with her on that new name.....not my favorite. Priests and Monks want her to be healthy too if that helps her cause

DJ and Gin Family said...

Glad to hear that other parents tease their kids too.
I have a cousin named Diane, who had a crush on our OTHER cousin... sick!

Heather said...

At least you know what she is really worried about!!:)