Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Tell All... Sight

I decided to do the sights of summer... One of my favorite things we did as a family growing up was go camping. I think of all the beautiful sights we got to see every summer; The Uintah Mountains, the Red rock mountains of southern Utah, all the lakes, streams, and wildlife. I remember a mother moose and her baby were just across a creek from our campground, I think it was Clearwater? Ironically, though I liked to go camping I was a HUGE wimp and hardly ever helped put up camp (though you'd never be able to tell by the pics of me... I always look so pathetic and exhausted). To my defense: you try and put out your sleeping bag when you only weigh 60 lbs... it IS exausting!). I didn't want to dig out any old (and ugly) photos of me or my family. So here is a great picture of my bro-in-law, JP, his fish and his finger . Sean, JP and his Dad just went fishing on memorial day and only caught one lousy fish, and when I mean lousy, it was a carp. Would you ever guess he is in the Bishopric... tisk tisk!

One of the things I loved about fishing (not that I ever really did any) was helping my dad nurse the fish back to health. I set up a little pond at the edge of the river, and once I knew the fish were OK I sent them back in. I think that was also at Clearwater in the Uintahs? I love to get out of the everyday life and be outside and enjoying nature, even if it's just to play cards with my sisters and bro-in-laws. This will be Daphne's first year of "real" camping, so I'm excited to see how she enjoys it. She is in a total pigpen age and i'm sure she will be filthy the entire time! With Phoebe only scooting i'm thinking she will be held a lot, and have a really dirty bum!

3 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

My kids are excited to go camping too. Two years without our annual trip was torture for them. I will be a little different with going boating but I think it will be fun.

Hendricksonblog said...

There is also grass at this campground.......infested with prickly weeds of course. There are also horseshoes and volleyball. It will be different but for those of us sleeping in a tent and pregnant, we will appreciate that grass.
Maybe they put JP in the bishopric to try to stop him from flipping the bird....

Unknown said...

I was not flipping the bird! That is the correct way to hold the Northwestern Buffalo Carp (Crappius Fisheaous). Look it up!