Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Drive

On father's day we decided to take a drive up Ogden Canyon to see Pineview. We are going camping there with my family in just a couple weeks, and I had never seen it. I had no idea it was so close... we were there in 25 minutes! Of course, though, as soon as we left the house all 3 girls were asleep, so they missed most of the views. We did stop so Faye could go the bathroom, but it was an out-house, and as soon as we got inside she was freaking out so bad over the smell she said to me, in a frantic voice: "I'm just kidding, i'm tricking, I don't have to go the bathroom!" She's into saying "i'm just tricking" lately. Anywho... she did hold it and we only stopped here, at the waterfall to get a picture. I must say this was the worst part... it's right off the highway and cars are zooming past, and I was having the worst anxiety about Daphne getting hit. Then Faye leaned over the cement barrier a little, and I thought for sure she was going to fall (even though she was not even close). So, as i'm clutching to my childrens' hands, fearing cars and heights, 2 little kids, probably 6 and 8, (brother and sister I assumed), come running around us, unaware of the dangers all around us, AND their parents are no where to be found! Okay, have I ever said I have a little bit of an anxiety problem? Their parents were really there (but not close enough, if you ask me), and they were probably smart enought to know the dangers of cars. Daphne also knows about going in the road, and Faye is just as scared as heights as I am, so she wouldn't ever lean over the edge. All I know it is that I felt a lot better when we got back into our safe minivan, because cars never crash, and drove home on our safe freeways, where cars never crash, and then slept in our cozy beds, that never burn!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

I've never been to pineview either so I hope we can go this year...the only thing that will stop us is gas money!! It's really not that far away though! It looks like you had fun...even through the anxiety!

BTW - I weighed Ava on our scale the other day and it said 19.2 - she still hasn't reached 20 lbs but we have her in a front facing car seat anyway. I'm not sure how tall she is but she is still in 6/9 month clothes!

Devyn said...

Im the same way with having anxiety.. and then there are always those kids with no parents you see running around!! ha ha! I know exactly what you mean! Looks like you had a good fathers day!

Hendricksonblog said...

They have pills for this
Sean looks weird in that picture....it almost doesnt look like him.

LouandAngela said...

I think I'm just like you about heights, cars and kids! YIKES!!