I haven't watched American Idol in like 5 years (I think the last one I watched was with Ruben and Clay Aiken), but this year I am totally into it! Partly due to the writers strike, so there was nothing else on. But also, I think this year is so diverse and there are so many singers I really like. Sean even watches it sometimes (though he'd deny it if asked). I put my favorites as my new music. I think overall David Archuleta is the best singer, but he's such a giggle pants. David Cook is probably the most marketable, but my favorite is Jason Castro. I love his voice, and his looks don't hurt either! My sister Nellie pointed out the fact that he looks like John Travolta. I think if he made an album I would actually buy it...if he stuck with the right kind of sound. David Cook is too Daughtry-ish, and I'm not into that kind of soft-rock sound (both are good singers, just not my cup of tea). I also really like Brooke's voice, but I don't think she'll win. I have to admit though, I have never voted... ever. I don't know if that makes me a dork for watching it and not voting, or if I'm a dork for admiting I watch it... Either way, chances are most of YOU watch it too, since it has the highest ratings of any show. I think when it gets down to the last 3 or 4 I will vote... but for now it is when we are usually putting our kids to bed.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well I'm a AI freak. Even our kids watch it with us and we rate each person and who we think needs to go home. I too love Jason Castro- he's Babeolicious. But really want David A. to win with David C or Jason as runner up. We like Brooke but sometimes she's just a little shaky and she always talks back to the judges(that bugs Matt) We think Carly is a great singer but the judges are always so hard on her. I think it has been fun to watch it with my kids. When that rocker chick Amanda was on there Josh always wanted us to vote for her, It's just funny who kids like and who they don't.
Our kids are too little to care about it... they are just upstairs playing while I watch it. I think that is funny that Josh liked Amanda, I think she has a cool voice, but she needed a makeover! Her hair was hideous.
Post a Comment