Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter... all weekend long.

We had a nice Easter, lots of egg hunts and lots of candy. I forgot to take pictures of their baskets, so they each received a movie (Barbie Thumbelina for Faye and Pinnochio for Daff, and somehow the Easter Bunny forgot to get Phoebe one, oopsy), a coloring book, an Usborne book (Princess and the Pea, Hansel and Gretl and the 3 Billy Goats Gruff.. I love these books) some sidewalk chalk, and a bit of candy. The Easter bunny and i have decided, together of course, that just a little candy will suffice.
I even did a family home evening last Monday about Easter and it's "real" meaning. I was so proud when I asked "what is Easter really about?" and Faye answered "it's when Jesus was ezzerected" close enough right? In the lesson I did an easter egg hunt, a Resurection Egg hunt. Inside the eggs were things like a a coin, a spear, a rock, thorns, a cross, etc. All with corresponding scriptures (shortened versions for my short-attention-spanned girls). I got the idea from this website whom I use all the time for FHE: http://nataliesfhespot.blogspot.com/
I love getting together with my family for holidays and always eat way more than I should. I can't resist the ham! And as much as I love eggs, after Saturday with Sean's family eating potato salad and baked beans, then egg salad sandwiched for lunch, and then AGAIN baked beans at my parents, on monday this house would have blown up if a match were lit. Glad I don't have a gas stove!

3 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Beans and eggs, I won't be visiting any time soon!
I teach the sunbeams and our lesson was of course on the ressurection. The kids all acted like they had never heard that story before. They probably all went home and had nightmares. Oh well.Good job on teaching your kids the good stuff, I think that I'll nominate you for Mother Of The Year. :)

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Sarah, I just love to read your blog...you are so funny and I just imagine everything you say...hahaha...oh, and about Kati being accepted to Uof U....it just cracks me up, she was an avid BYU fan, but the Uof U's dance program is fantastic and worth going to, and she is actually excited....I just laugh....she'll do good...I don't think she will EVER stop dancing....this is forever for her...

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

is it accepted or excepted...brain freeze .. but you know what I mean