Friday, April 24, 2009

Disgusting

Today while I was picking up Faye from kindergarten short day, one of her friends, named Kaydee (I know, seriously?), yells at her "I love you!" Faye looks at me, laughs, and then says "Disgusting!" Ah, it was funny. Then Daff says "You can't say that to girls, huh mom?" I told her you can, but most "normal" people do not. Well I didn't really say that, but thought it. Kaydee is a sweet girl, but a little slow on what we like to call the "social skills". I made Faye just say good bye and wave.

On another note I let the girls attempt to watch Gremlins the other day. Really I think they were just trying to show off for Faye's friend Kenzey who was here. They get to the part where the Gremlins are in kitchen cupboards and attacking the mom, then come running to find me and almost in tears. I know I shouldn't think it's funny, but I can't help myself. I turn in off and they go about playing with Barbies, make-up , etc. That night Faye ends up in our bed, and she is no small thing anymore. She is also a sleep talker, and while I was immersed in the shananigans of Harry Potter, she sits up and says "i'm 6, Daphne is 4, and Phoebe is 1". Good to know. That was all she said. Then last night we ended up with Daff in our bed. Stupid Gremlins! And they were even trying to get me to buy Gremlins 2 the other day at Walmart. I think they are like me and like to be scared, but then they regret it. The funny thing is they watch Lord of the Rings all the time with Sean. Now how is THAT not scary?

4 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

I wanted to buy Gremlins for my girls, but Dad said no. I love to scare my kids... heck, my mom did it to us all of the time. I'm still afraid of Barlow from "Salem's Lot". She had us watch that on my 6th birthday in the pitch black basement. She then though that it would be funny to jump in suddenly and scare us. I think that we all peed a little. How else is a housewife supposed to get her kicks?

Natalie said...

You sound like my mother. I'm just really glad to know that my 3 girls aren't the only ones that watch Lord of the Rings with their dad.

Hendricksonblog said...

uhhhh do you realize the mom of this girl you are being rude about could read this blog????

Sarah Lee said...

She doesn't know me, and she is a weirdo too!