This all happened within an hour last Thursday. I am just getting around to putting the pictures on here because they were not on a memory card, but just my camera's memory. Let's start out with the lovely new haicut. I was doing laundry and Daphne was in the kitchen coloring and cutting paper. Remember how I said she wasn't naughty? Apparently she waited until she was 4. I come out of my room from folding clothes and see she has chopped a big chunk out of the front of her hair. I got mad at her, but was laughing inside. Not normal for me. Normally I probably would have freaked out. I guess after 3 kids (and some anxiety meds) I have finally figured out some things aren't worth losing it over. I made her come into my bathroom so I could take out the ponytail and see the damage. It was worse than I thought. She chopped all over the place. I asked why she did it and she responded "It was hangin in my face and I was tryin to color". Logically, in a 4 years olds mind, i guess that means you cut it off. I asked her if she wanted to shave her head, like dad, and we could call her Dan and she could be a boy. I guess this set something off in her, and she lost it. I really didn't mean to make her cry, but I wanted her to NEVER do it again. I reassured her we weren't going to shave her head, but that now her hair looks silly and will for a while.
This is how much hair she cut from various places on her head.
She was mad I was making her take pictures.
I decided to give them all a bath so I could just cut off her hair into a bob. I figured that was my best option. As the three little naked bodies were running to the bathroom, Daphne decided to do something to Phoebe and makes her cry. She keeps crying and suddenly barfs spaghetti and chocolate cake on the carpet, 3 inches before she could have gotten the tile in the bathroom. Of course. I ask Faye to hand me some toilet paper to clean it up, and she uses the TP holder as something to pull herself up and busts it completely out of the wall. Seriously? All this in an hour? I don't even need to get mad at Faye because she punishes herself. She kept bawling and saying sorry over and over. I have to tell her, i'm not mad, it was an accident. So I clean up the barf while the girls are in the tub. After they are done, we chop off about 3 inches of lenght on Daphne's hair.
And here it is a week later and I was up half the night with a barfing Daphne. Karma is getting her back for making Phoebe throw up. I don't know what is up with us. I was in and out of the bathroom most of yesterday, but not for barf. Gross, I know, but I try to look on the bright side, I probably lost 3 pounds.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Hair cuts, vomit and holey walls
Posted by Sarah Lee at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
LOL...sorry, I had to laugh at this post...it brings back so many memories...amazing what can happen in such a short time....Daphne's hair actually looks really cute in spite of it all....sad part is knowing there are more of these days to come...you did good mom...most of us just lose it and wish we hadn't...I love your girls, they are so cute
We know all about the hair cutting!!:) The hardest part is waiting for it to grow back out:) Hopefully you all get better soon!! Throw up is the worst, I think I can deal with almost anything but that!!!!
When it rains, it pours!!
You poor thing. I guess that it's better to get all of the bad stuff over with real quick, rather than having it spread out over several days, right?
Maybe the bald threat would have come in handy BEFORE she had the scissors. I cut a huge chunk out of the side of Laurel's hair when she was 4. She had really long hair, and I cut it up to her ear. She ended up with the nice "rainbow" bangs after that. It was kind of a girl mullet. I was old enough to know better too.
Well, I hope that the spaghetti and chocolate stain came out!! (That HAS to be the worst barf combo)
I can't believe how much hair Daphne cut off! It definitely looks worse when it's not pulled back like you said! As for the barfing, I am so not jealous of that because I would be barfing as I cleaned it up or at least gagging the whole way through! I hope you guys get feeling better for the wedding tomorrow!
Be glad that when you threatened to shave her head like daddy's, she didn't say, "Ok. I always wanted to be a boy anyway."
I really like it. I think I will cut my hair right in the front like that just to see if people think it is cute when a thirty two year old does it. I might lay down in a store and throw a tantrum too just to see the reaction. Too bad I dont dare, wouldnt that be funny. Oh yeah dont let Daph cut Ellas hair while she is there, it took me two haircuts to get it like that.
Good grief Charlie Brown...what luck you have. You are pretty good hearted about it though...that's awesome. Jennah cut her hair once and it looked a lot like Daphne's! You can see her funny bangs on my FB picture. :) Your "fix it" job turned out great!
Post a Comment