I almost forgot to do her birthday pictures. Seriously, she is already 4? Whew! Holy cow, how time flies, when you are NOT having fun. Ok, really, she is a fun girl, but also quite the pain. If you have had the pleasure of meeting her when she is ornery, you know what I am talking about. She has gotten tons better in this past year, but still has her moments. My mom says she is like the little nursery ryhme:
There was a little girl, with a little curl,
right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good, she was really, really good,
but when she was bad, she was horrid!
That is SO Daphne. It's just her disposition really. She has actually been a really easy child otherwise. Never really got into things, never colored on stuff/cut things with scissors (much unlike her cousins... the "double" cousins...) and was amazingly easy to potty train. Definitely not a naughty girl. But ornery girl, yes, she is. She is her fathers daughter for sure. She tells me all the time she likes her dad better. I just say "Good, you two can have each other." Aren't I terrbile? But just as the poem goes, when she is good (which is 90% of the time), she is very good, and quite pleasant. It's when the angry beast comes out that I no longer claim her as mine.
She had a great birthday. Went to Chuck E Cheese(as seen on a previous post) on Saturday, and then on Sunday, her real b-day, family came over for cake and ice cream. (Lingwall and Bray grandparents, Adam, Nellie, Eric and gang)
She got 3 barbies, Tinkerbell art set, some books, new clothes and some Polly Pockets. Girls are easy.
I did another fondant cake and it turned out okay. But again, the picture makes it look better than it did in real life. She loved it, that's all that matters. She wanted a Rosetta Fairy cake, since she is at the age she just wants something similar to whatever Faye likes. The cake went LOADS faster this time, and the little "pearls" were what took the most time to make. I also attempted buttercream roses. I seriously thought "i watched my mom make them a hundred times, i'm sure I can do it" HA... it wasn't easy, and mine look like they are melting. I also made the mistake of not following the marshmellow fondant recipe and just went with "Great Value" (aka: walmart brand) marshmellows and powdered sugar. The recipe specifically says to use "a good quality" of both. There was a difference, but it still came out.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Daphne turned 4?
Posted by Sarah Lee at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well if I ever need a cake done I'll let you know. I don't even attempt it anymore. Like you, I thought watching MOM was enough to make me good. LOL. Hopefully she had a good birhday- she looks happy.
The cake looks great! HA that one rhymed! He he he! I think you don't give yourself enough credit!
nice balls Sarah.
puffy pink ones
Daphne sounds like Ginny. My Grandma used to tell me that nursery rhyme too when we were living with my parents (she lives next door to them, so she got to see both sides of Ginny).
Anyway, your cake looks great... I'll be calling you in April when Gin turns 5.
I think you are being too humble about your cakes! Beautiful! And I love ornery little girls, mostly because I was one...I have a feeling my mother drinks because of me.
love,
took
Post a Comment