Saturday, December 20, 2008

Temple L7


I think we picked the perfect night to go. We went Thursday night, and though it was cold, we made it right before this crazy storm we got yesterday.


Phoebe was being a turd and wanted nothing to do with being in a stroller. She thinks she's big and wanted to walk the whole time. She also is at the age you can never get a picture of them. Always in motion or running away!



Faye is totally my daughter. When she saw this fountain she says "MOM! It's like a mermaid rock! Like Ariels." I told her she meant "shell". She then asked me to take a picture of her by it and this was her pose:


The nativity they had on the reflection pond right in front of the Temple was so beautiful. The black contrast of the water and the whiteness of the statues, so pretty!



They had so many cute "native" nativities set up all around. I think my favorite was the one with the Hershey Kiss hats (see 2 above). I couldn't quite figure out what nationality it was supposed to be. It wasn't Japanese, Chinese, or Native American.... any guesses? Mongolian???



Lots of pictures I know, but we got so many and the girls had so much fun. Phoebe was freaking out when we got into the car to leave. She wanted to stay, even though her little hands were like frozen french fries. We went to Denny's afterward to eat because I wanted HOT soup. The last time Sean and I went to that cooky down-town Denny's we saw a whole band of Drag Queens. No sightings this time, just good-eats.

6 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

I am sad we missed going with you guys this year! It definitely was a good night to go! The girls like they are having a good time!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I must have been stoned when we went to temple square, I didn't see ANY of those other nativity sets. Oh well, I'm glad you took pictures.I'll have my family look at your pictures so that they don't feel left out.
At least you got pictures, we went a few weeks ago and our batteries were dead... again, I'll just use your pictures. We both have 3 girls so maybe no one will notice that they are your kids.
Your girls are so CUTE!!! I loved your Christmas card, thanks!

Devyn said...

FUN and cute pictures! We went to the Zoo lights this year and haven't made it to temple square.. sad.

Heather said...

Very cold but always fun!!

Natalie said...

I miss Temple Square. Love the pictures.

Ok, there's something with the Dees and Dennys near downtown. Everytime I've gone there, I have seen cross-dressers. Laurel calls the Dees on 7th and 21st "Freaky Dees" because that's what you get when you go there.

Marie Lefler said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Temple Square is always a good outing at Christmas time.

BTW, Faye is getting so beautiful. Like mother like daughter I guess!