Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mickey Mouse Santas turning 30



These are pictures taken at Sean's parents on Christmas Eve. We don't do gifts with his family, instead we put our money towards a family vacation. And this year is Disneyland! We are so excited, and the girls keep asking if it's "almost time to go yet?" We went to Yellowstone 2 years ago, and it was fun, though I was 38 weeks pregnant with Phoebe. (and I'm proud to say I still did all the hikes/walking everyone else did, though it was rough... cuz I have a huge belly!). A couple years before that we went to Moab and I was pregnant with Daphne. I was in my first trimester that time, and it was aweful! I pretty much barf my guts out until i'm almost 20 weeks. It was not a fun trip for me. Needless to say i'm ecstatic that I won't be pregnant!!! (for the vacation or ever again... yeah!)
I also just turned thurtay... and though I don't feel any different, I don't want to have to say i'm "30". I never thought I would care... until I started inching closer and closer. Sean told me a couple weeks ago he wasn't even going to try and do a surprise party for me because
a. he is not good at keeping secrets
b. he is not good at throwing parties
c. A lot of our friends have turned 30t his year too, so he figured I would know what was up.
and
d. He is just not clever enough/too lazy to figure it all out.
Rude, you might say. Well that is the truth and he knows it. He did ,however, get a party together, even though he still forgot to invite a couple of people. We just had a bunch of couples over, ate junk and chatted. It was fun, and they all now know what a spaz I was when I was younger. He got all my school pictures from kindergarten to 12th grade and passed them around. Oh the joy of looking back on those days. From the fem-mullet, to the missing/crazy teeth, all the perms and wings and feathered hair, then on to the glasses/braces years. They were all there in their glory and for everyone to laugh at! Of course he didn't show the cute years, ya know, from 0-5. I had a really, really, long bad period. Luckily though by 9th grade I don't mind the rest of my pictures. I was glad to have most my friends there and now I will never look at a cocktail weinie the same. Sadly, Sean didn't take any picutes... seriously, do I have to remember everything... even on my birthday?
I just hope 40 doesn't come as fast.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! I decided I am going to just skip turning the big 30:) That is such a good idea to plan a vacation instead of gifts! You will have so many more memories than just a toy they play with for a week!!:)

Natalie said...

You know, I think I've known you since you were 10, and I would LOVE to see some of those pictures! If my memory serves me right, you and Ginger had some doozie years. Funny thing is, usually the doozers end up looking the best by 30. Just look at you and Ginger! And, Sean doesn't sound too lazy. He DID get together pictures of you. That is an enormous feat (I'm speaking as wife-of-Neal, and really, that's a huge deal).

Marie Lefler said...

Loved the party especially the pics! And can I say that I am glad we didn't do that husband leg guessing game. I think I would be traumatized for life knowing that I felt your husband's leg up. Don't know if I could ever face him again, especially in church. Hahahaha!

Thanks for the wonderful party and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Happy Birthday!
Believe it or not, I actually still remember that it's your birthday every year.
If I would have known about the picture thing, then I could have contributed some beauties. I would just crop my nasty self out of all of them. I will say, wasn't it nice to be young and not care about every little bit of your appearance? At least you look great now!!
Just so you know, 30 is not bad at all... I've been sporting it since April. Happy Birthday Granny!