Thursday, May 22, 2008

TaGged by my siSter SuSan!

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 random facts about me:


1. I like to set my clocks ahead 7 minutes, the microwave always for 33 or 37 seconds... never just 30. I just like things to end in 3 or 7... why? I don't know.

2. I still remember the smell of my Tiny Tears doll (which drank a bottle, cried real tears, and peed in her diaper!) I got for Christmas when I was 6 years old. Kind of a sweet plastic... I love it.

3. I am married to my sister's husbands brother... which is just a confusing way of saying my brother-in-law's brother. So my sister, Nellie and I are married to brothers. We went from being Brays to Lingwalls. (and she will tell you that she and Eric were married first, so that means SEan and I are the freakshows.) Our children are double cousins, but surprisingly don't look that much alike (though we both have blondes and redheads).

4. I used to love to draw/paint, and was pretty good at it, but was always intimidated by my sister Nellie, thinking she was better than me. I also, was very LAZY in high school and could have earned a scholarship for art in a portfolio class I had if I had just finished 3 more pieced of art!

5. I was only 5 classes (which came out to be 12 credits, I think) away from earning my associates degree, got a 4.0 my last semester, and then got married and never finished college... story of my life, i guess.

6. I now use decorating, painting rooms (well picking the colors out anyway... Sean does most of the painting), and occasionally crafty things (scapbooking, just made hairbows) as my creative outlet. (Someday I would like to start water-color painting again... but don't feel like I have the time at this point in my life)

7. When I was about 6 or 7 I was married to my childhood sweetheart, Troy Turner. The ceremony took place in my parents living room. My sister April gave me away, while my other sister, Nellie married us. My beautiful gown consisted of 2 pink seashells cut out of paper and taped to my chest, and a long flowering skirt. Fabulous!

I am tagging:
Angela
Devyn
Erin
Jessica
Kari
Kori
(don't have a 7th)

4 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

Sarah, That's why I think doing this is so much fun. I don't think I knew any of those things about you except you and Nellie being Lingwalls. I didn't know you were so good in art. I think creativity runs in the family even if April thinks she's not creative (she is)
We'll all have to go take a painting class when our kids get bigger and we can take a time out.

Hendricksonblog said...

Okay I will go to painting class and just clean your supplies while you work......very artistic of me.
I was thinking at least you were skinny enough to just wear paper shells....I remember your peeing doll and thinking it sucked they didnt have those when I was young enough to ask for one......

Jennifer said...

I'm susan's friend from scrapbook night and was wondering if you could post my website on the your blog. I'm trying to earn a trip. It's www.Jennifersbooks.com. I would really really really appreciate it.
You and your sisters, Susan and April are so funny.

Kori said...

Okay, so it has been a long time since you posted this, I just barely noticed that you tagged me on it too. Jessica tagged me on hers. So, I am hopefully going to post my answers today. I was mostly commenting about the Troy Turner thing. Funny because his wife was my best friend growing up! Ha, I know we have talked about this before, just had to remind you!