"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking
around outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone
Things I NEVER did until I became a Mom:
-Had someone yell at me "come wipe my bum!"
-Had to clean up blanket "tents"
-Nursed a baby
-changed so many diapers in one day
-Get so excited to watch one hour of TV after my kids have gone to bed
-Never THOUGHT freckles were cute... now I think they are SO cute on their adorable little noses
-Became a closet eater (ok, not in the closet, but when I have something I don't want to share because little kids just don't appreciate it, I hide it from them or eat it after they are out of sight!
-Do hair every day... (which usually includes some crying, yelling, and hair pulling, all the while trying to make it look "cute"... and to think Phoebe doesn't even have hair yet)
-Missed so much sleep... I love my sleep
-Been so paranoid about Child Molesters/Kidnappers/Creeps in general
-Worried... about everything
-Rocked a baby to sleep
-Had to tell another person: "don't eat stuff off the ground" "put your pants back on" "Don't eat your boogers"
-Had to say "I still love you, no matter what, even if you hate me"
-Held a little baby in my arms and felt like they were really a part of me
-Looked into 3 little girls eyes and saw reflections of my husband and myself
-Laughed so hard at all the little things my kids say (great example: 2 year old Faye telling our Bishop that "We don't say damn it, son of a b!tch, and jack a$$!" that was a particularly proud moment.)
Happy MOTHER'S Day to All of You!
Monday, May 5, 2008
I've decided to start the Tuesday Tell all...
Posted by Sarah Lee at 10:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love what comes out of kids mouths.
That's great, Sarah! Happy Mother's Day to you as well!
Tricia
Well I must be a disaster. The swearing story made me get all teared up. I have no clue why.... We miss Faye and her comments...
Great blog! I can relate to so much of what you wrote! Especially the one about still loving you even if you hate me. On this great Mother's Day, Damian (because I told him to stop playing games and get dressed for church) yelled, "I hate you for ALL ETERNITY!!" Isn't it great being a mother!? Actually, it was so funny, I almost laughed at him--even though it was a terribly mean thing to say.
I don't remember hearing that hilarious Faye moment! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment