Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tangled Cake

Tangled cake for my Snow college roommie Alisa. Well her little girl, Maile, obviously! The braid measured almost 4 feet long and I had to tranfer it without breakage! aaah. that was hard, and a little secret: it DID break! I fixed it though. I love the tower and I found a totally awesome brick mold that I hope to be using more! I tried to do the Tangled font as best I could with a trusty butter knife and a little guessing since there is no such thing as a real Tangled font. I also came across a new buttercream recipe that is sooo good! The wilton one is just too Crisco-ish and this one has real butter. So yeah, super low fat. I also did a cream cheese filling that is divine! Though, Alisa was a nerd and didn't want to cut the cake, so they just ate the extra one they bought (since there was like 50 people there! did I mention she's married to a polynesian and ALL the family comes?!) I finally met her husband and man, he's handsome. Plus he's got dimples, i'm a sucker for a guy with dark skin and dimples! He's an NFL player, but Sean is taller than him, so he was quite proud of himself. AND, he really wanted to wear a Utes shirt since Fahu went to BYU and all their family are BYU fans. When he told him, he said "Good thing you didn't!" ha. Their other kids are Lincoln, who is 3 and Jaden, who is 5 months. They are all so adorable. It was fun and stressful for me because this is the first cake i've made for someone that was paying me! ah. However, the wedding cake was much, MUCH more scary. I almost cried at one point. Seriously ladies. Now that I know how to do it all I think Phoebe will be getting a Rapunzel cake as well for her birthday.

5 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Sam just walked up as i started reading and said "ewwww disgusting" but he was talking about you and sean kissing at the top.

The Bronson Bunch said...

4 feet long?! DANG!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I can't let Ginny see this cake... she will freak and beg to have it. Her birthday is next month and she is a HUGE Rapunzel fan. Funny thing is she was Rapunzel for Halloween when she was 3, before the movie even came out. Anyway, I want that cake for MY birthday. You did an awesome job!!!

Torrie said...

You do such an amazing job! I went to school with Fahu, thats cool you got to make a cake for them. I am really good friends with his cousin Fui. How much do you charge to make a custom cake?

Kari said...

Hi! I came across your blog while looking for ideas from a tangled cake! Yours is by far my favorite I have come across. I have a neighbor that wants a tangled cake for her daughters birthday. I'm just getting into the cake making ... um ... business?! More of a hobby but I am starting to get orders. I loved looking through your cakes! You do great! :) I was wondering if you could tell me how you made the tower? And I'm curious what your buttercream recipe is...I have been using the wilton one also and my hubby and I totally agree it's too much crisco. Drop me a line if you get the chance! I'd really appreciate it! :) kari @ joshandkari .com