Daphne turned 6 years old one month ago today. Sheesh, I needa ketchup. And some mustard. She wanted a Hello Kitty cake last year and I didn't have the time. Well, she requested it again this year and her wish was granted.
I always talk about how she and I can really butt heads, but she really is a fantastic kid (minus the part where she creates pig stys). She just got straight 3's too! in normal speak to anyone over 12 that means straight A's. She finished all the kindergarten books last month and is now reading chapter books. She is one smart cookie and is now on to spelling swear words. About 2 weeks ago, while eating her pb and J sammich, she said to me "mom, i now how to spell D A M" and i said, "Actually that isn't how you spell it". She thought for a second and then said "Well, i know how to spell D A M N I T" I was flabberghasted! Not that she spelled it, but that she spelled it RIGHT! I said "How did you know there was an N in it?" and she, ever so snobbish, said "Because I just do". Then we were at Sams club, one of my favorite places to frequent for some free food to feed my starving children, and she was whispering something. I listened. Yep, another swear word. She was saying "S H I T..... (and then she realized I was listening).... uh, E!" She thought she'd thrown me off. I was not thrown. I told her to stop spelling out swear words, and that YES she is a smarty pants and can spell things, but she needed to find better words. Apparently that was no fun because now she has moved on to math and telling me that she knows 7+7 is 14, 8+8 is 16 and so on.
Friday, February 4, 2011
Cat, i'm a kitty cat, and i dance, dance, dance, and I dance, dance, DANCE.
Posted by Sarah Lee at 8:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
D-A-M-N, that is one cute cake! We better not get your middle child together with my middle child, that would be trouble!!
That is funny that Daphne is S P E L L I N G swear words! HA, HA! Only your kid would do that! Mine will just say them plain as day! LOL
You are amazing! I love that cake. You really should hire out...I'll place my orders for March, August and September!
You are one fantastic cake decorator. I love seeing all the cute cakes that you do for your girls (and other events too). Too funny about Daphne spelling swear words, that makes me laugh.
I am computer retardant.
Post a Comment