I also sleep, eat, and occasionally use the john. I was in the typical stay-at-home-mom funk for January, but february was a bit brighter. I just wasn't in blogging mode. I felt like I didn't really have anything to say. Or, if I did, i was just too dang lazy to log in. Yep, that's how lazy I was. Couldn't even be bothered to log in. lay to the z.
Things are turning around like cray to the z. We got an offer on our house. We countered. They countered. We accepted. We are officially under contract today. It is a CASH offer. Psssht. Can you imagine having that in cash? yeah, i wish. But their cash benefits US a LOT! No closing costs! awwwwwe.... some! They are closing on their home in Oregon April 15th and want to close on our house the 20th. Six weeks from tomorrow. That's so soon, yet, i'll take it. We had to pack our whole house (and by "we" I really mean a lot of April and my mom)in 4 days. Seriously, 4 days. It was crazy, so 6 weeks ain't sounding so bad! I'm crossing my fingers and toes everything goes as planned. We are going out to look at houses on friday. The next big decision will be: older house with mature yard, but will have to change things on the inside, or newer house and will have to wait 15 years for the yard? hmmm. not sure yet.
I still don't think it's all sunk in yet. It will be bittersweet for sure.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
I do more than just cakes!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations! But also.. BOOOO! :) JK. I am happy things are finally working out for you guys!!!!
That is awesome!! Can you send some of that luck our way??:) Good luck house shopping, now is a great time to buy!!
Nice to know you finally got a realtor that did their job! We are excited for you guy's and can't wait until you're back in the valley!
That is AWESOME! Cash? Seriously.
I'm excited for you to house shop. It's a shopping trip that is motivated by good things, not bad. Good things like Sean getting a new job, and selling your house, and moving closer to family. That's great!
I say older house with mature yard. That usually means "bigger yard." Although there are a lot of good deals out there from desperate builders. You're in a win-win. EVERYONE is a desperate seller right now.
Not sure what your budget is, but my friend just lowered the price on her house to $299,000. It is BEAUTIFUL! It's a rambler in my neighborhood, fully finished with 6 bedrooms, yard finished,3 car garage. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Anyway, it's only 2 yrs old and they only have 1 kid, so it's like new. LMK if you want details. Congrats!!!!
Is that a hint you need me again?
I will gladly help you pack, you know that. Just tell me when.
Now just deciding on a new house. I say older w/mature yard as I sit in my newer w/a not so mature yard and feel a little discouraged by it. Not my house just the itty bitty trees
Post a Comment