Monday, March 28, 2011

Ok smarty, go to a party......

I am a super motard and don't know how to change my google account junk. Anyone know how? I changed my email address and want to use the new one and not the old one.... can I do this? I am so not computer savy.

Two weekends ago I got to hang out with some sweet sistas from another mista. (yep, I coined that phrase, so if you use it, I must get credit) I'm talking about the Hansen gals (and ma and pops, and Reesey poo). AKA: the 3 of 5 people who actually read my blog! I seriously love you ladies (ha, I called you ladies!) and your family. It's not often you find another large family full of mostly females who talk about poo more than my family. It's kismet really. It was so much fun and I hope to do it again every time Nat comes to town! AND if you want, you all can even come to our (new) house! (that is, IF we ever get one) We were about to look at the one right around the corner from Angie, but it went under contract. I guess it twasn't meant to be.

On that note; houses. Houses. Houses. People are seriously disgusting. seriously, fer sure. We've looked at houses galore. A littler older, newer, big, bigger, big yards, small yards, clean, dirty, pets (gag), smokers (double gag with a side of barf!) We've looked at about 20 now and oddly enough, we ended up putting an offer down on the very first house we looked at. Now we are just waiting to hear back from the agent/bank. We're going the short sale route again. There are too good of deals to pass up and lucky for us, we have a place to stay while we wait it out. We also put an offer on a house we just looked at last thursday. Here's the rundown of both houses: House 1: 2006 rambler, loft above garage, 4 beds, 4 baths, 4!! car garage, fully fenced, gorgeous kitchen with granite countertops and knotty alder cabinets, front yard landscaped with really nice terracings, patio in backyard. BAD: back yard not very big, not landscaped and hilly, basement not fully finished (just a bed and bath), more money than house 2. hmmmm....... okay, House 2: 1999 2 story, 4 beds, 3 baths, 3 car garage, BIG yard with patio, swing set, fruit trees, other trees, veggie garden, dog run, did I mention, trees? cute front porch, finished basement, less moolah than house 1. BAD: it's basically our first house on steroids. Not that that's bad, that's just what it is. Kitchen floor is ugly checkered wood of some sort, back door comes from family room not kitchen (this bugs me, WHY does anyone do this? it should always come from the kitchen!) We will have to replace and/or add 3 missing doors (people are weird), kitchen sink is white-okay now i'm just getting picky! Basement is done, but they didn't put a bathroom down there, they put some weird cantina room? Really, i think it was supposed to be a little bar room or something.

Honestly, both houses are great for different reasons and I know we'd be happy either place. Really, it comes down to if we actually GET one!

What are your opinions? what would you choose? Both houses are almost the exact same size.

5 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

Oh I love that song(your title) my kids think I'm nuts when it comes on my Glee CD and I start rockin. Anyway,hopefully you get one or the other. I think we all make the best of the houses we get. You will make your house beautiful like you always do. But hopefully you find out soon. The waiting is the pain.

Natalie said...

House 2 sounds like ours, only we're 1988. I know what you mean about all the deals. That's why we chose the older house. Yes, more updating, but I know that it will happen someday - just not all at once. And I'm ok with that. The yard is bigger, and there's lots of potential. And yes, I hate my white sink and oak cabinets. But oh well. We've lived in some dumps, so this works quite nicely.

Sarah Lee Cakes said...

As of now house 1 is pretty much ours! BUT we had to go up in price, ugh. If we can find out more about what's going on with house 2, i'd prefer to get that one. Less money, more yard and still a very nice house! yet, I don't want to let house 1 slip through and not get either one! stressful!!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Just avoid the stress and move in with mom forever....besides, they won't be around forever, right? Oh wait, if you live there when they get really old then you will end up changing their diapers. See, more poop talk.
That was fun seeing everyone. Too bad Nat doesn't visit more often!

Em and AJ said...

I have looked at many houses in the last 3 years (since we have moved 3 times in the last 3 years) and people are VERY disgusting. Whichever house you get into, I am sure you will give it the Sarah TLC it needs and make it feel like home.