Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ghetto Fabulous

These were the only pictures I got right before my camera died.



Moving day is officially here... well tomorrow anyway. My house is a wreck! Boxes, beds, mattresses, dressers, more boxes. How do people pack in an organized fashion? I do not. I start packing something, walk into another room, then get side-tracked and start doing something entiring different. I'm glad it's almost done, other than the last minute things we'll have to do tomorrow. I am SO thankful to my friends (Katie, Marie, Julie, and Ranae... and Tina!) who came tonight and helped me finish things up! It's amazing how much you can do with that many people compared to doing it yourself for a week! Yesterday was a bad day. I found myself almost crying because I was so overwhelmed. It felt like I was getting nowhere even though I had been packing all day. I don't know how people who move a lot do it. It's stresses me out!

I've said this a million times, but, this move is so bittersweet for me. I am so happy to be moving back to the valley. Closer to family, Sean's work, and possibly school? Yet at the very same time I am also very sad. Sad because i'm moving away from such a great big group of supportive, fun and wonderful girlfriends! (i know I just said "girlfriend" giggle!) We are all in the same stage of life, have the same values, have kids the same ages, most of us have 3 kids, AND almost everyone drives a minivan! ha ha! (or will be soon ;) You really couldn't ask for a better group of girls. Yep, i'm totally tearing up typing this. On Sunday it all sunk in. I held back tears quite a few times, and it wasn't because the lesson was anything special!... that was rude! and maybe not quite right. I just kept thinking about how much I will miss my friends up here. It's not like i'm moving out of state or anything, but almost an hour away is pretty far. It changes everything, and though I wanted the change, it's still shocks you when it really comes.

So, on to house 1 and 2. House 1 is a no go. House 2 is probably a no go. :( BUUUUT, we found a house 3 that, by far, is better than both 1 and 2! And, even better, they accepted our offer and it's been submitted to the bank! wahoo. Now, we just wait for the bank :( Who knows how long that will take and IF they will take our offer. Though, i'm staying positive and i'm planning out how everything will go perfectly in my head. This house has almost everything we really wanted... or at least it's the floorplan, yard, garage... things like that we wanted. For the most part we will want to change a LOT in the house. If you know me, you know we'll be painting almost the whole house first thing. I don't love the carpet or tile, and i'll probably paint the oak (i know!) cabinets white and get solid countertops... BUT those things can all come in time. It's a good floorplan, has a big garage, and has a big yard. We both just had a really "good" feeling about it. Sounds cheesy, but I'm sure some of you know what I mean. It's also the area we have been thinking about all along. A little less than 15 minutes to my parents and sisters, and also about 15 minutes for Sean to get to work. Sure beats 40-45! It's right in the middle of the valley and most things will be within 20 minutes. Perfect! We also know a few people who live right in the area and they LOVE it! Even better.

We close on Monday (yay, money!), and in the meantime, we are staying with Sean's parents in the land of bounty, aka: Bountiful, while we wait out house 3, or if that house doesn't work out (it will, it WILL!), until we find another house.

Is it bad to pray for the house you want? seriously?

3 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

what is this house #3.....the one you sent me?
I hate those mixed emotions because they all end in tears and a headache.

The Bronson Bunch said...

You survived this and the last move! YES! I'm glad that you are coming back in the valley. Though I'm kind of disappointed........you weren't very sad to leave us to move up north. Hmmmmm, ha ha! Anyway, glad it's working out on selling your house and hopefully you get the one you are waiting to hear about!

Katie & James Shannon said...

I'm glad I actually was able to help, even though it meant I hurt for 2 days straight, but the frozen custard was so WORTH it!!! It was delicious, I can't wait to have it again. Speaking of when are we going to the temple? I hope you get the house you are wanting and I would be willing to come help paint the cabinets in it!!! Good luck.