Monday, November 15, 2010

Faye's Baptism


This is the pose she wanted me to take of her outside. She had it all planned out. Hmm, Susan?

She got to wear a dress! Okay, it's not the cutest, BUT it's not a jumpsuit. She also thought that was pretty cool. I didn't even know they let them wear dresses anymore.

The fam. Not loving this picture of me. My hair was poofy that day. And Eric was sure to let me know. jerk.

The brotherhood of the ring... wait, wrong show.

I really surprised myself. I didn't think I would get emotional over Faye getting baptized. I mean, it IS something very important, and one of the first most important decisions she'll make in her life, but I still didn't think I would cry. Well, i didn't, but I really held it back. I think the, uh, let's call it "odd" happenings of the baptism helped. Converts are awesome, they really are, but sometimes they are just... uh, odd.

8 comments:

Heather said...

She looks beautiful in her white dress!! Congratulations!!

Natalie said...

Love those jumpers! Ginger has a GREAT story about her husband's "capri" pants accident when he was baptizing Taylor. Neal always picks out the biggest jumper he can get away with so that he avoids the "pickle-toe" or "bull knuckle" or whatever you call a male version of a camel toe.

Hendricksonblog said...

or maybe ummm Sarah? and yes that guy was a freak.

Katie & James Shannon said...

It was soooooo awkward. I was really uncomfortable and tried hard not to listen to what was being said cause it was all kinds of the worng place for that. To each there own thought.

Faye looked so pretty in her dress. Thanks for the invite!

Susan Catmull said...

Hey there is nothing wrong with a good pose. LOL! You sure she's not mine. It was a great day and she looks like a princess. Nice looking family-poofy hair and all. Just kidding.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Love the jumper, they're wedgielicious!! I bought a dress for my girls to wear. Much better than the jumpsuit. Admit it, you're just a big bawl baby now!!

The Bronson Bunch said...

Thank heaven's for creepy testimonies eh?! I was so glad we could be there for sweet Faye! Can you believe we've been friends for 8 years?! It seems WAY longer than that! Ha ha! j/k She looked beautiful in her white dress and I love how she glowed when it was over.

Em and AJ said...

What, you have an eight year old?! :) Congrats, what a big day for Faye. So cute, I love her dress and the blue sash on it.