We did another adult halloween party this year and I decided long ago I really wanted us to be Beetlejuice and Lydia. Not just the all-too-easy gothic-girl Lydia BUT the Lydia Deetz in the blood-red wedding dress! Lucky me, I found a perfect dress at the DI in august. Well, almost perfect. It was light pink, and I needed RED. I thought i'd be able to figure something out.... eventually. Afer RIT dye turned it sherbet orange, I thought i'd just paint it with acrylic paint. NO thanks! That would have taken forever. On to something else. I saw someone online say they used fabric spray paint because it doesn't smell bad and stays flexible. After one $6bottle did 1/8 of the dress, I gave up and went straight to the Walmarts and bought 3cans of red spray paint. Genuis. Worked like a charm and I got a buzz in the process (headache really). I did have to go get 2 more cans for really good coverage, but at $1.12 a pop I figured it was better than the $60 I'd have to spend on fabric spray paint. And, yes, I smelled like spray paint all night. Small price to pay for FANTASTIC!
Sean's costume was easy - i just bought the costume. Though, being cheap like I am, I was not going to pay $20 for the beetlejuice wig. I found a "gravedigger" wig at Savers brand new for 5 bucks! Just had to give it a trim and spray parts of the hair white. The dickie the costume came with looked really, really lame, so Sean wore an old white shirt and found an ugly tie he never wears and sprayed it black. He likes to act like he doesn't like Halloween and like i'm a freak about it... but really HE was the one all concerned about having his costume look perfect! And, he's the one that sprayed my hair. We're such a good team!
Most people upped the anti on their costumes this year and they were awesome! We also had some great "spooky" (and smelly) food. We did a photo scavengar hunt that turned out really fun. Some groups even got yelled at at Victoria's secret! Now that's a party, am I right?
Scariest costume went to James aka: the 70's runner.
Funniest went to Jason Bronson aka: Chuck Norris
sexiest went to Trina/Amy aka: devil woman/Flapper
Best couple: da da da, dum: yes, us.
lots of other great costumes, just check out the slideshow below:
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
The Ghostess with the Mostess!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh we had such a great time! I love how creepy james looks in ALL the pictures! Let's make sure to do it again next year!
Who did the voting? You?
c'mon catch up, its almost thanksgivin.
I agree that you and Sean should have won even if you rigged the vote.
that man should not wear those shorts, something could fall out.....I just kept thinking of JUNO for some strange reason
You guys look awesome! I would have never have thought to use spray paint. Genious!!
Great costumes. Looks like a lot of fun.
My word verification is
nonfad.
Well I guess your great party is not a fad.
Love the costumes, I have never had an inventive mind to create such costumes. I love it and you would never know that you used spray paint on your dress (well unless you were wearing it or at the party).
Post a Comment