Saturday, August 28, 2010

Why is it called "joy" school when all it does is make me want to cry?

 

Phoebe's first day of preschool, and sadly I only had one more picture to take on my card! I never empty it, i'm lazy. So she got a shut-eyed picture. Ah well, it's just as well. If she's anything like me she'll end up blinking in most pictures.

Where has the time gone? My baby is 3 and going to school?!? She still seems like a baby to me, but I know it's because she is my last one I totally baby her more. She pulls the same crap I did when I was little. Smart cookie, cuz I come a runnin' to her rescue all the time too. Then I realize she's usually over-reacting. Yep, just like me.

I'm doing joyschool with other friends in my ward. I've done it in the past with Faye and Daphne just for their first year of preschool. No need to actually PAY for 2 years when i've got some fun moms to switch off with. Besides how much do they really learn anyway? We've got 3 girls and 3 boys and half the kids are 3 1/2 and the other half just turned 3 in the past 2 months. Should be interesting. Phoebe knows nothing. I'm a terrible mom. Faye and Daff knew so much more at this age. What the heck happened to me? Ok, really she knows some things; her colors, how to SING the alphabet and to count (almost) to 20, with a few mess ups in the teens. When I picked her up on Thursday I held up her Alligator pitcure and said "what letter did you learn about today?" her response "um.... D!"

*sidenote*Halloween is only 2 months away! I've already got our costume ideas a brewin! I guess we can't move until after we have a party again right? At this rate we might sell our house in a couple years. Why are people not buying when rates are so low? I mean, other than the fact that they might not have jobs anymore. That's depressing and really not funny.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I find the weak, defenseless, homeless, jobless, and terminally ill very funny. Doesn't everybody?
I like the shut eye pics. Maybe if you didn't have her facing the sun on your front porch...........oh wait your house faces West, nevermind she's destined to be an eye shutter.....and a BRAT just like you!!! lol

Katie & James Shannon said...

What are you talking about I am very joyous that Madyson is gone 2 days a week for 2 hours. I will be even more joyous when Payton goes too. I can't wait to see how they all are tomorrow for me.

DJ and Gin Family said...

You, brat? What is April talking about?
I like that picture of your mini-me, it's cute.
Poor Reese wants to go to school so bad, but she has one of those blasted September birthdays. She asks me every morning if she is big enough for school yet.

Charlotta said...

Hello! I found your blog via google. We are the Lingwall Family in Sweden. The only Lingwalls in Sweden actually. :)

So I just wanted to say hello.