Phoebe's Toy Story 3 cake
Not really for a pro, but for me, it was. This is definitely my favorite cake i've made. Took quite a while, mostly because I got too ambitious and made the fondant myself again. The store bought stuff if just nasty. Not only did I decide to make the fondant, but I also baked the cakes and decorated the first layer all in about 3 hours. I really wasn't thinking. I forget you should do all the baking and fondant making a day in advance. Ah well, it was fun and turned out cute. This cake and the cupcakes came to a grand total of about $35. I know, pricey, however $15 of that was just the toys, so still about 20 bucks. So if you think people charge a ton for fondant it's because A: it IS pricey and B: it's time consuming.
Other than the "E" breaking i'm pretty pleased with meself. I cut out the "turns" with a butter knife, TAKE THAT C in handwriting all through elemtary school!! Oh and I had to smoosh the rope down to fit under the 3. I'm sure no one else noticed, but i was bugged, I thought the rope was toot. I had leftover brown fondant and so I made up the cowboy boots from checkin out Woody's. I love em.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
The Mutha of all cakes
Posted by Sarah Lee at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
LOVE IT!!! You've inspired me...I think. It's awesome and I might just decided to spend HOURS on a cake for Spencer...that he won't even care about!! Anyway, really cute!
It tasted almost as good as it looked too. That is problem sometimes with fondant cakes, I agree its gross but yours was good.
Sarah - this is freaking amazing! have you tried Satin Ice fondant? it is SOOOOO much better than the disgusting wilton brand. it's a little more expensive, but I am not patient enough to make it myself. Anyway, looks awesome :D
When you said you had left-over brown, I thought you were going to do something fun with it, like fake poo or something. But the Woody boots are cute.
That's a great cake. So far though, the Golum cake is my fave. It reminds me so much of my husband and girls.
I thought the exact same thing as Nat... it must be a Hansen thing!
That is so cute! Maybe you could make one just like it for Reese's third bday... I'll even pay you $35. I need to go to Lagoon. It looks like you had a blast!
It's been a while since I've looked at your blog! Summer is sure fun. You guy's have really been busy living it up! Don't forget your sunscreen. You'll turn into a lobster! :)
Post a Comment