Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mummy Dearest

Sean made this video for me, and i think it's pretty sweet. While watching it he said, "That picture of you when we were first dating you look cute, but then the next one comes and you look way prettier now". Should I be insulted or feel complimented? Or is he just trying to kiss my bum? I'll take the pre-baby body and no wrinkles, but as for everything else, it's just perfect to me.

I'm so thankful to be a mom and that having children came so easily for us. As for raising them, it's a daily learning process and i'm just hoping as they grow up I'll feel like I did the best I knew how. Being a mother myself has given me so much more respect and appreciation for my own mother. How did she have 8 kids? Physically, financially and the most trying, emotionally? My mom was always my biggest role model, and I think she is one of the most well-rounded people I know. I think my siblings and I tend to put her on a pedestal and think she never did anything wrong.... because in our eyes she really is the worlds best mom. If I can be just a bit of the mom she was, i think i'll be doing okay.


6 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

What a nice Sean. maybe he has a little of that scrapbooky knack huh, just like Eric. Your a great Mom and I'm sure your kids will think that too once you get Daph thru that teen stage.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Awwww, how sweet! He's got some mad scrappin' skills... impressive.

The Bronson Bunch said...

Love the gift Faye gave you! LOLOLOL! That video was very nice, way to go Sean! I like those kind of thoughtful gifts, they're the best kinds! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Tina said...

AWWWW- what a nice hubby! very impressed that he would take the time to put that all together & keep it a secret

Natalie said...

What a nice husbandly thing to do. Very thoughtful. I think he likes that first picture of you because you look rather stacked.

I've often wondered how your mom did it. She is always cool as a cucumber and had 8 kids and the house was always clean. 8 is alot. 8 is enough.

Erin said...

That is so cute! I love all the pics!