Monday, February 8, 2010

We don't split pants, just chins.

you'd think with a house full o'girls we wouldn't have so many stitched and stapled noggins... you'd be wrong, oh yes, ya'd be wrong.
The scene: Super bowl party at our dear and queer friends, the Bronsons. Other attendees included some McCleves, Allreds (of the Trina and DJ family), this touchy feely couple who still thinks they're 17 (ha ha) and some fresh-faced newlyweds. Did I mention my 14 year old boy friend? oh yes, he was macking (does anyone use this term anymore?) on me and telling me how he liked his ladies like he loves his Navy - Old. ba da bum (Dang, that was good!) The youngins was playing outside in the front yard.... drinking beer, tailgating, ya know. Suddenly a bloody-faced Faye comes running in bawling. Scooter. Crash. Cement. Split open chin... exact same spot Daphne did it a year and a half ago. although Faye's was longer and deeper. It was pretty bad and Jason and Jessica's front steps tell the story. So off to the ER we go. Wait, a dilema. We're in West Valley, so do we brave Death Valley hospital? Yikes! Have no fear, U of U clinic off Redwood is here! We got there in 10 mins and almost no one was there and we got in to see the doc in about 10 minutes. All went pretty well... well... ... after Sean turned white and almost passed out from the needle, then Faye barfed up lil' smokies from being so nervous, then followed by me almost passing out from too much caffeine/hot flash/stressing about Faye freaking out (dentist story anyone)... THEN, all was well and she was fixed up with 6 blue stiches in her chinny chin, was good as new and we were back to the party in just under an hour.

I really am not grossed out by blood and guts stuff. I'll take that over barf any day of the week. I don't know what my deal was, but Faye did really, oddly, well.

Sadly I didn't get any gory pictures, but once she lets me take that bandaid off her chin we'll do a photoshoot. She's also lost her other front tooth so she is in full-funky-looking-teeth-swing.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oooo. That's no fun, but the quick clinic stay almost makes me think it was worth it! No waiting and waiting. Good job!

We've had 2 stitches - and they were both with Sarah. A cut off finger, and a car accident. Poor girl.

Hendricksonblog said...

I know the handsy couple...can I guess can i guess???
Fayes pretty enough that she can deal with a scar across her face, most people wont notice (;

The Bronson Bunch said...

I have a scar on my chin too! Only cool kids get stitches in their chins! ;-) Faye was quite the trooper and I think it's funny she won't let you take the bandaid off yet! LOL

DJ and Gin Family said...

Our friends Dad is a Dr., so when his brother split his chin open, the Dad just stitched him up. Halfway through the stitching the Dad realized that he forgot to numb his son.... whoopsie! What a brave kid, he just sat there and took the pain.
Glad all is well with the chinny chin chin.