
Cheery sign eh? We are headed out for the sunshine state bright N early Saturday morning. I am just as excited as my girls, maybe even more so. I know a bit of what to expect, though I haven't been for 25 years... holy cow, that makes me sound ancient. Yes, I was 5 on that joyous occasion. I got to go with the YW and YM in my ward because my Mom was the YW president. Yes, you heard right. The mutual(that, right there, dates me) got to go to Disneyland. What the crap right? I know. Back in the days of fund raisers, they saved up a ton of money, rented a big ol' bus and off on happy trails we went. I remember thinking the tea cups were fun and Small World was the fa-shizzle. I thought Pirates of the Carribean was scary and peed my pants on Space Mountain. My brother Adam joined me in that endeavor. We spent a day at the beach. The beach were The Karate Kid was filmed no less! There was some sexy model in a pink bikini getting pictures taken and a bunch of the creepy men with us (my Dad included) went and got a picture with her. I think even the Bishop did. AH, I loved the 80's! Loose women and pervy dudes. Kidding. I remember eating Jolly Ranchers on the Bus with one of my childhood friends, Nancy Lock (who just happened to be double my size) and teasing Kay Preston, a guy in our ward and a good friend of my dads. Lastly I remember going to some restaurant and all the men and boys eating ribs. And the restaurant had red and white check tableclothes. The random memories of a 5 year old. Here's to making some kooky ones with my girls!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to Disneyland we go!
Posted by Sarah Lee at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You aren't going to be able to sleep tonight aren't you?!?!? I remember when we took our kids 3 years ago and the excitement is overwhelming! You are going to love it and then we can plan a trip to go together!!! Have a blast and say 'hi' to Mickey for me!
I pooped my pants on the bus after the day at disneyland.....i was sick I didnt just poop for fun and I was alone on the bus (once again 80's it could have been a whole new version of Savannah Smiles only on a bus).
I am jealous even though I have been more recently than 25 yrs. Once you go you are hooked. Dont forget to take a pic of Faye in Snow Whites castle when the witch turns around to make her pee her pants. Have fun!
You guys are going to have a BLAST!!!! Enjoy every minute!!!
Oh you lucky lady! Hope you have a blast! Don't forget to buy one of those cheesy "mouse ears" hats! :)
Sweet, I'm going to help myself to your things while you're gone... haha!
I love all of your random memories. Your poor mom having to deal with 2 wet kids and a poopy one too. That was a fun ward!
Have fun!!
Post a Comment