Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yo Quiero?

"What's up Mom" and "McDonalds"... these are a few of my favorite things... ok, not really, but they are 2 words/phrases phoebe has said clear as a bell in the last 2 days. Who is this little hoodlum?

Tuesday we went to the Discovery Gateway Childrens museum, which was free for St. Patty's day. My friend Trisha and her two kids, Charlotte, and Evan (aka little redheaded ball of fire... yes Trisha the torch has been passed) met up with us there. It really wasn't as crazy as I thought it'd be. The kids had fun, and Phoebe drank loads of nasty chlorinated water from the water play area. I had a massive headache, so I was glad when we were done. We went to the Olympic fountain and waited for Sean to meet us there when he got off work. When we were walking back to the car Sean put Phoebe's hat on sideways and told her to say "what's up mom" and so clear as ever, she said it. It was hilarious. But of course, she wouldn't do it again. There's been a lot of that lately.

Yesterday I went with Faye on her Kindeegarten field trip to the Treehouse museum in Odgen (WAY better than Gateway). Afterward, as promised, I took the girls to Micky D's. Again, they had fun, the food was sub par, tables were sticky, the smell of urine and stinky feet littered the air... etc, etc. Later, at dinner, Sean says to Phoebe, "did you go to McDonalds?" in a baby sort of voice... and she said "Uh huh, McDonalds"

If she's going to start talking, maybe I should go for more sophisticated words... like Taco Bell.

7 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

That's hilarious! I must say that that age is the most entertaining/frustrating age EVER!!! My brother Reese didn't talk until he was like 3, but his first word was "Bull". Luckily it wasn't followed by "crap", the way he heard it.

Natalie said...

I think she says "McDonalds" so well because she thinks the workers there are her siblings, she sees them so much, you know. Just wait, pretty soon she'll be saying, "Give me my Dr. Pepper!" and, "Please don't call the cops again!" Kids: reflections of our lives. . .

Hendricksonblog said...

did you make your title after you typed the last word. This would have made a good essay how you wrapped it back up at the end. I sucked at essays but Natalie can be the judge, I assume she loved that crap along with History. blaaaaaa

Finlay keeps saying......Elmo says fuc%$&. He apparently saw in on you-tube. ONe more reason not to let the kids play on the computer. elmo says the swear word of all swear words and now so does Nellies 3 year old..........well....he's almost 4 so maybe its okay

The Bronson Bunch said...

She is too cute! I love this stage when they start copying everything you or siblings say! Watch out!

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

isn't that the universal language? She did great!!

Becky Low said...

Your posts always make me laugh...you should go into stand up! :) ...glad I'm not the only one who thinks that the McDonalds play land reeks....ugh. Who knew little kids could have such stinky feet?

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should work on "Cafe Rio", that was one of Ruby's first words! ;)