I had heard about the Kite Runner for a long time and what a good book it was, well i've just got WAY too many books in the line-up to read, so I rented the movie. It was SO good. It was moving, sad, horrid, hopeful, etc, etc. I think I cried 3 different times in it. It was on the same level as the movie Hotel Rwanda to me (even though The Kite Runner is fictional, there are a lot of truths about the middle east). If you have not seen this movie, I highly suggest it. (and if you haven't seen Hotel Rwanda, you HAVE to see that!)
On another lighter, funnier note...... I was out doing yard work the other day and the girls were outside playing, when along came a little cat. So they were petting it and asking if it was a boy or girl, so I said "Let me check" and proceeded to do the usual check of the under carriage. Well, it was a boy. So Faye says "how do you know it's a boy?" and I said "you look under the tail to see if it has little balls" (I know, crass, but how else do you explain to a 5 and 3 year old? Then Daphne says "Oh, I see, he has little fuzz balls". Her desciption was even better than mine.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The Kite Runner & Fuzz Balls
Posted by Sarah Lee at 9:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Now you need to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" it is a book similar to "The Kite Runner" but obviously a different story line. It is about a girl that lives in Iraq? and how she falls in love but has to marry a different man and her struggles. Way good book!
I love the fuzzy balls story from the girls! It still cracks me up!
ha ha that is so funny!!
I highly recommend the book over the movie. I did see it after the book and thought it left out some important things. I liked A Thousand Splendid Suns better to be honest. Maybe because it was about women and how crappy they treat them.
I hope she doesnt call them that in 10th grade anatomy class....
april
OH goodness, "fuzz balls?" Max, my grandson has all of a sudden started singing about nipples....Oh brother, these kids!!! Problem is, you cant stop laughing when they start these things...
hey.. thank you for the bows!! they are adorable!! i really love them! you still need to teach me how to make them! where did you find the aligator clips? ive looked and cant find them!
Post a Comment