Wednesday, January 12, 2011

That's Amore

I did it! I made a wedding cake... like a month ago. It was suuuper stressful and a lot of time (like 3 days and so many hours, i couldn't count), BUT I was really happy with how it turned out. And more important, so was the couple.

Amy was talking to Sean a couple months before the wedding stressing about a couple things they still needed, and someone to make the cake was on the list. Well, my dear husband who might have a little too much faith in me, told her I made cakes. He forgot to mention I was an amatuer and they were only for my kids birthdays! So... she asked me and I said i'd love to, while feeling like crying on the inside. Then I told myself, "You are good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn-it, people like you". It didn't really help, but I took on the challenge anyway. They bought all the supplies and I made the cake as their present.

How we know them: Nick is a dear, but not so queer, friend of Sean and I. We became really good friends in our old ward and have seen him go through a lot of crap. I couldn't be happier to see him finally marry such a lovely gal. I'm sounding all cheesy, but really they are so cute, it IS cheesy!

Funny thing too, Amy lived like 3 blocks from our house- up here. They met through and LDS singles website and he realized she lived really close to us. So Nick had a "few" sleep overs at our house when he and Amy were out late so he didn't have to drive clear back down to West Jordan where he lived.

Now they are all married and getting settled in with their girls. Ahh toot. Did I mention their girls? Whew! Nick has a 5 and 6 year old, Amy had a 4 year old. Yep, 4, 5, and 6! and we thought we had it bad!

These first 2 picture are just crappy cell phone pictures. I made the cake at my moms house so I didn't have my camera to take a good picture.

I loved the idea of ornaments on the cake and her colors were so pretty and festive... but not too Christmasy. I think Amy thought I was crazy because I kept saying "I need MORE ornaments, more ornaments"... but when she saw the cake, she said she finally understood why I needed so many.


Cheers to the Bruuns!

2 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Wow, you did a great job! If I ever find myself in need of another wedding cake, I will call you...fo shoe!
I totally know that girl from somewhere. Not sure where, but I know her. Weird.

Becky Low said...

You did a fabulous job! What a small world...(seriously...three blocks away!) Amy was in my ward! She is absolutely darling! I only met Nick once, but he seemed like a great, great guy! Your cake is gorgeous! Nice going! :)