I love it when Ron swears. I don't know why, but it's kind of endearing. This bloody hell called January is almost on it's way out and I wish I could kick it in the butt to help it along. January is a crap month. I've heard the most suicides are commited from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Why? I love that time. If I was going to off myself, it would definitely be in January. Don't worry, I'm totally fine. No ones offing themselves in this household. I have plenty of fun things planned to be happy about. I normally do really struggle this time of year... until almost April. I have to make sure I have projects to do and focus on things like making dinner lists, lists in general, exercising, and cleaning out various household rooms, etc. to keep from getting cabin fever- aka: depression. Seasonal depression was the exact diagnosis. Found out last year. I finally got a good doctor who asked me all the right questions and took the time to figure out what it really was. I realized I really only feel this way from January to April. (Minus those baby years and nursing years where I needed it all the time, cuz I was crazy! Not to mention I was also taking care of other peoples kids which adds a lot more stress) I know some of it's definitely the vitamin D, but mostly I think it's the feeling of not having anything to look forward to. I'm a planner. I plan things out WELL in advance. Sometimes TOO much in advance. But these months are just pretty blah. I guess there is Valentines day... LAUGH! I'm sorry but we just don't do romantic. It feels fake and forced. I often find myself when I see couples who do "romantic" things thinking they are retarded. Really though. What is this, the bachelor? I have come to realize some people really are sweet and soft and lovely, and it's not a show. It just seems silly to me because, sorry, that just ain't us.
On to my dear friends of Harry P. I will be visiting them all this May and I couldn't be more excited! Really I am. Nellie hates it when people ask her "Aren't you excited".... for whatever it may be... probably another baby in her case.... anywho, she always says "I don't really get "excited" about things". LAME, because I DO! Sean and I (and hopefully our friends Marie and Jason) are going to Orlando, Florida in May. I have never been to Florida and Sean and I have never been on a trip without our kids. Now, you get my excitement? I have also never been to Universal Studios and Sea World. I LOVE amusement parks and rides. Even at Lagoon I will almost run from ride to ride (if only our kids didn't slow me down). I'm kind of ridiculous. I have never met a ride that has made me sick. I've gotten heat stroke plenty of times at Galoon as a kid, but that was the suns fault (and maybe a little of mine for not drinking enough water... or my moms for forgetting my sunscreen and i'd end up fried....geez). I enjoy the feeling of being dizzy and think it's really quite soothing. I will be riding every single ride I can. Which brings me back to Harry Potter, more precisely, The Wizardly World of Harry Potter! I can't wait to see Hogwarts castle, visit Olivanders Wand shop, Honeydukes candy store, Zonkos joke shop, and yes, drinking some BUTTERBEER! I truly am a nerd. It will be such a fun trip and it's only 3 months away!
One another tripy note... ha, I'm going on a girls weekend next weekend with a whole gaggle of ladies. 23 in all. Most are friends, or friends of friends. Susan is part owner of a really nice condo up in Midway. The same one I went to in October- I think I blogged about a while back, i think. Well, it's huge and nice and a perfect place to have a weekend away for a bunch of moms who need a little get away. I also purposely planned this (see there's the planner in me) right in the middle of winter to give us all a little something to look forward to. A mom-upper, if you will. So here's to a good old fashioned natural high. I'm sure shananigans will ensue.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Bloody Hell Harry
Posted by Sarah Lee at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You sound like my sisters, running from ride to ride at Galoon, with your sketti strap tank, wrist tattoo, and giant elephant shaped soda cup. Bloody hell!
I used to be able to ride every ride, but suddenly, they make me really dizzy and sickish. Which is ok, I guess, since we never go to amusement parks anyway. I guess we're not very amusing.
Some of us are just natural romantics and we just can't help ourselves. Valentines was definitely created for people like me. Dontchathink?
I like all bloody words, they just soften up the swear word a bit.
Some rides can make me sick now too Natalie, maybe its the 34's +, she'll get there soon enough plus she just pees instead.
Hey I'm well past the 34's and I love ALL rides. The scarier the better. I would love to see the wonderful world of Harry too. You better take some pics. Hey did you know the Sundance film festival will still be going on when your up in Midway. You might need to go star gazing. Have fun, I'll be basking in the sun to get rid of my winter blues that have come to stay at my house.
I love Bloody rides too, although my stomache does get a little flippish after having kids. I'm jealous of your trip. Orlando is awesome! Warning, we went in May when Tay was 3, and it was over 100 degrees! I swore I would NEVER go to Sea World again after our hellishy, bloody hot day there. The other times we went were the right amoung of hot. I'm just trying to bring you down because I'm jealous that you have a nice trip to look forward to, and I don't. Happy Valentine's day!!
I was feeling like crap all day and now reading this has made my day. I am not a valentines day person are you kidding. I'm sure you knew that cause James and I are always PDA and talking sweetly to each other! Yeah Right! I wish we werent poor and could go with you. I love rides the only thing I could never do and still can't is spinning. I don't get people like you, spinning is never ever good. I went to Lagoon last year and it jacked me up, but universal and harry potter I could do. Maybe one day we could all do something like that, you know when I'm not poor! I am so looking forward to busting out of this blasted (also a good word) place in like 3 days. Unfortunately it's not some place sunny but maybe some hot actors faces will make my mood better, although I am sure leaving my husband and 3 children behind will immediately bring a smile to my face (if your reading this and your not Sarah I promise I love my kids I'm just not one of those people who say things that aren't true, like the minute they leave there heart aches for there kids, blah). Now that I wrote a novel on your blog (your welcome) I shall go take a nap, cause I NEED one today!
Post a Comment