Which is also our ninth. Nine years ago Sean and I were sealed in the Salt Lake temple. It was the worst snow storm of the year. Not like that "storm of the century" we just had. But a REAL snow storm. Like FEET of snow over night. We had to be there early in the morning too because I took my endowments out the same day- Why didn't anyone tell me NOT to do it the same day? It took us almost 2 hours to get there, but because I was doing my endowments first most of our family made it to our sealing. I remember some things vividly and others are blurred. I mostly remember how much it meant to me. How happy I was to really know what decisions, and more importantly, what promises I was making. I really felt prepared. I'm sure some people may think this is bad of me to say, but for me, i'm so happy we didn't get married in the temple when we got married. That's not to say I don't wish we would have gotten married first in the temple, but i'm talking timing. If we hurried up and got married in the temple then it would have been a sham. For parents. For show. I may be a lot of things, but a phony is not one. I was barely starting to go back to church when I started dating Sean and I was in no way ready or mature. And even though Sean was endowed, he wasn't ready either. We were both super immature! I don't waste time wishing anything. As the Madd Hatter would say: "Move ON!" Thank goodness though we waited a while to have kids! The second after we were sealed sean was all "okay, let's have a baby!" and I was all "Uh, uh, i'm still too young fool". No really though, that's almost how it happened. Sean was ready. I wasn't. However, in that short month after getting sealed we attended the temple weekly and the spirit told me Sean was right. We should start "trying". I had recently been to the good ol' Ob/gyn and she had told me with my crazy cycle, or lack thereof, if I was thinking about having children anytime soon it could possibly take me a while to even figure out when I ovulated, etc, to even get pregnant. She was dead wrong. It took 3 weeks. And thus the start of our family. And to commemorate that occassion we went to Temple Square monday night. Or probably just because it was family home evening.
Phoebe's donkey horse. That's what she calls them anyway. She has a small obsession with horses, unicorns (previously called udicorns) and pegasesss.
And my handsome, but raunchy husband. Who hates traffic. And people. ANd especially people in traffic. hmmm, oddly enough he works at UDOT and deals with TRAFFIC!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Our "second" anniversay
Posted by Sarah Lee at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I rode home w/you guys one time from temple square and I thought Sean would surely kill us all. I love Phoebe w/the hot cocoa.
A night is not complete w/out a mad driver at the end....you should be used to that Sarah. Remember coming home from FHE movie at the mall and Dad would always get so mad at someone coming down 35th and then mom would yell at him for freaking out.....ahhhh good ending to what is supposed to be memorable eves....memorable sure.....but not what mom was wanting I dont think
I really appreciate your honesty and lack of pretense when it comes to faith. I can't seem to find the right word, but refreshing is all I can come up with. Great looking lot girls you have! But then again, they have good looking parents.
You always crack me up! I hate traffic and crowds too, so does my husband. We both end up grouchy and our kids just quietly sit there and try not to piss us off more. Why are people so retarded?
Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment