Thursday, October 21, 2010

Boyfriends, bestfriends, bangs and shaving legs

Daphne came home monday wearing a cute butterfly bracelet and I asked her where she got it from. She didn't answer but Faye said "She got it from a boy at school!" Sure enough she told me that a little boy named Carter in her class loves her and made her a bracelet. He had his sister, who happens to be in Faye's class, deliver the bracelet to Daphne. Daphne gets all embarrased and says "but I don't even like him mom, I never play with him at recess, i just play with gills" (her version of girls since she doesn't say her "r"s very well, she sounds British). So I ask if she thinks he's cute and she says "No! but he's nice".
So I went and helped in her class yesterday and when it was her turn to come out and read with me -might I also add here that I am so proud of what an excellent reader she is. She is on book 34 while the other 4 kids who are actually even reading the books are on books 5 to 11! Though there is one little girl in the class that already reads "chapter books"... which Daphne is not fond of because she wants to be the smartest kids in the class - so back to the story, when she was going back in I asked her to show me who Carter was, she did and well, he's a handsome little kid! When it was his turn to read with me in the hall I said to him "Daphne told me about you the other day"
He responded with a big grin on his face "What did she tell you?"
me: "She showed me a bracelet you gave her".
him, again with the big grin: "I made it!"
Me: "that's what she said, it was really cute and she really liked it."
I decided to leave it at that. Awe, little kids are so adorable.

When I put Phoebe to bed everynight she's started this game of going through who her best friends are: "um, Madyson. Um, Kwoe (chloe), and um, um Genny (Gwenny). And Jeffrey, and, um, um Karson, and.... I'm gonna marry Ben". She always forgets Ethan (sorry Ranae) and Ben isn't even in her class and they moved like 5 months ago. I guess his handsome little face is memorable.

I cut bangs again. Just for Halloween.
Before bangs:

She bangs, she bangs! They aren't that short, so they should grow back fast... unless I decide I like them


I also cut half my leg off while taking a bath. Sean walked in right at the critical moment of the ankle and sh!ooot I cut meself. Bad! This picture doesn't even do it justice. Just look how big the chunk of skin is next to Phoebe's hand!

5 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

well that pile of skin just ruined a completely good post

Natalie said...

That was not very nice. Seriously, did you have a seizure or something while you were shaving? Spastic hands is the only way to describe that carnage. I didn't even wreck mysef that bad as a sneaky, shaving ten year old!

If a boy made my girl a butterfly bracelet, I would be thinking Sue Heck's boyfriend from "The Middle."

Hendricksonblog said...

Yes Natalie that would be Sues boyfriend. That show is hilarious. **whisper** "hilarious"

DJ and Gin Family said...

That show is THE BEST!!
That chunk of skin is GROSS!!
Your bangs are CUTE!!!
Your kids costumes are ADORABLE!!

Em and AJ said...

Ouch, I hate shaving that area on my leg and then cutting it makes it even worse!!!