Thursday, January 14, 2010

time for joy and time for fear



somehow these didnt make it into the slideshow I started 2 weeks ago, and am just now posting. THis is Phoebe's hall. She got the little people princess castle and still plays with it almost everyday. She even took that blasted princess with her everywhere she went for a week and a half. She has no moved on to Daphne's Tiana polly pocket she got for her birthday. It really does go everywhere with her.

My girls all got 6 books each thanks to Usbourne (I mean santa, of course) and my friends who all joined after I did. Thanks to all of you too!

For me and Sean it was clothes, as usual. And, since I was working, I just got my whole Christmas. That was lame. I'm not doing that again. Though I like to get what I want, knowing EVERYTHING was pretty dissappointing. What can I say, i'm still like a kid and want soemthing to be a surprise. Next year it's back to giving him a list and making him pick from that. That way I get what I want, but it's still a surprise. Some may say I shouldn't do a list, but please consider Sean's track record at gift giving, and I have to be that recipient. He's terrible. He means well, but seriously, it's bad.

The presents from my mom where a surprise and she always gets us great stuff. The scale is probably my favorite, though I am a little too obsessed with weighing myself, comparing morning naked weights with night after eating for 2 hour weights. Interesting results. It's also been great because now that Sean knows exactly what he weighs, he is on this kick to lose 8 more pounds. No complaints here! She also got me a snuggie and I have been snuggie-in' it up everynight. That thing is amazing.



This is how we broke the gingerbread house growing up, so I thought i'd keep the tradition. It's supposed to be the youngest child, but Phoebe just doesn't weigh enough. Turned out Daphne doesn't either, so dad broke out the hammer.

3 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Seriously, you think I look like the black girl from GLEE? Thanks.

Natalie said...

That is and AWESOME way to break the house. I love the hammer sitting right next to it.

Sean sounds like Neal. His track record for presents is a little lacking. However, it does make for some great memories of saying things like, "why in the hell did you think I might want/wear this?" I've got some good stories.

He did well this year, I must say. Spoiled me.

Hendricksonblog said...

I didnt bother with that tradition because of these new kits you cant break those stupid things. Especially my younger 2, even soaking wet. I wonder if my big butt would break it even.