Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Disneyland and such, camp and off to school

I never got around to blogging about Disneyland... what is there to say, it really IS the happiest place on earth. I don't think I could have wiped the smile off my face if I had wanted to. It was so much fun. The kids had so much fun. I think the Tower of Terror would probably be my fav. Daphne even liked it. I'm so happy I have girls that will go on "scary" rides. We're definitely planning on going in a couple years again. Never again in the summer. Too crowded and too hot, but even still we went on everything, and most things 2 to 3 (and sometimes 4 and 5) times. I think Faye rode the California screaming roller coaster 5 or 6 times. Thank you stroller passes! Faye did keep acting like she was scared in line and then once we got off it was always "That was so fun". Daphne would have gone on everything if she could have. She has no fear, she is awesome! The one thing that did make Faye cry (and lots of other kids, it was great) was Flick's 3D thing. Also one of my favs. Kids screaming and crying and parents laughing. I think Walt secretly liked to scare the crap out of kids.

Even at Disneyland we go to see a couple more celebs; Some guy named Hightower, i think, who plays for the 49ers, and Gabriella's little chubby daughter from Desperate Housewives. I spotted her. We were in line for the Jumping Jellyfish ride (lame, don't waste your time) and I looked at her thinking "hey that looks just like... " then I said to my sis "Nellie, look that's the little girls from DH". Okay, maybe she's not the most exciting person to see, but whatever, we're from Utah.

The drive home was aweful. For no reason whatsoever,(oh wait, there was a reason: all the retarded cali drivers would slam on their breaks every time they saw a raindrop!) getting through Vegas took an hour, adding yet another hour to our already 12 hour drive. ugh. And Nevada truly is the armpit of our country. Not only for the blah scenery, but I still can't believe that prostitution and whore houses really exsist. I did, however, start and get to finish a funny book called "Can you keep a Secret"... hilarious, but I wouldn't suggest it, there are way too many "f" words. Really, really hilarious though, if you like Bridget Jones Diary type humor... which i love, so i couldn't resist.

Then we were home. It was boring. It was like "what do we do now?" My girls kept asking "what are we doing today?" They forgot the normal summer routine: stay up late, sleep in, eat breakfast at 9:00, slowly get ready, play outside a bit, eat lunch, phoebe naps, in and out a bit more, then dinner time. Definitely not as fun as: 6:00 AM wake up, rush to get ready, chow breakfast, off to ride rides and do fun things all day, get home at 10:30, crash, then prepare to do it all over again the next day. I even lost 2 pounds there! I think Nellie said she figured you almost walk 8-10 miles a day there. The 2 Lbs are now back though, boo.

And now off to a day at Girls camp I go... then Faye starts first grade tomorrow in her new school, Syracuse Arts Academy, yee haw! (oh and btw, I did almost feel like crying at her back to school night yesterday... not cuz i'm sad she's going to school, but because i'm so happy to have her going to such an awesome school! (I really did get choked up, i'm such a relief society lady)

7 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

Yah, Disneyland is so fun! You almost need a vacation when you get home though. BTW that little chubby girl from DH, is Demi Lovato's half sister. Demi is gorgeous, and her sister probably outweighs me... funny!
Glad to know that I'm not the only cry baby!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I'm glad you didn't cry for sentimental reasons. I think I will throw a farwell, "Get the H out of my house" party when my kids start school. It will be the highlight of child rearing.

Marie Lefler said...

Your kids were really good today and we had a fun time. Faye even told me that I was a really good babysitter. Phoebe had 3 poopy diapers (what do you feed that girl? It was like paste, YUCK!). Anyway, Phoebe and Gwen were so cute together and played well. Hope camp was fun.

Foskey said...

HAHA! Yes,we had the same..."what now" when we came home. The kids didn't know what to do with themselves. Kind of fun to watch....but the "I'm bored" was a bit of a pain.
I will have to pick that book up and give it a try. "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner is also pretty hysterical and irreverent. Try it...she also wrote 'In Her Shoes'.

Natalie said...

That sounds really fun! We have yet to go. Neal has never been there, can you believe that? I like to keep the kid's expectations down low, know what I mean? That way, they think they won the lottery when we take them to the trashy fair.

Heather said...

We love Disneyland too! Don't love the drive though either!! The last time we drove we had the same problems and it seems like forever!

The Bronson Bunch said...

You crack me up! I think it's great that you are so excited about Faye's school. I also totally understand the Disneyland thing. It feels like you are on a sugar high the whole time you are there and then you come home and crash! It truly is the Happiest place on earth!!