Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Pleasures of Pineview with the Bray Bunch

My whole family (excluding my sis Kristi, who wouldn't be caught dead camping) all went up to Pineview for a week. The whole Bray bunch totaled about 40 people! We had so much fun! I think it was my favorite Bray trip to date. We had 2 boats, and got lots of time out on and in the water. I tried knee boarding for the first time and was happy to get up the first time! Much to April's surprise... she thinks i'm too wimpy, however, I was REALLY sore the next day... so I guess i'm just a wimp after the fact. I also got the pleasure of riding a big tube with my bro-in-law Matt at the wheel. He was driving crazy and I was flying all over the lake! I even have the scabs on my elbows to show for it.
Our first day up there, Daphne was our brave girl who went out first on the knee board! She didn't get up or anything, just held on laying on her stomach, but she is quite the daredevil and loves water! Then Faye and Ella realzed it wasn't so bad and took their turns (even though I think Ella has done it before). They especially loved when we would go out and stop in the middle of the lake and jump off the boat to swim in the water. Faye is the craziest, but Daphne isn't far behind.
The beach there is so nice... I had no idea. Even without boats our girls just loved swimming at the beach and playing in the soft sand.
Sean got to do lots of fishing, though he didn't catch anything worth talking about... I think he did catch a 12 inch delicious bass. I guess it's all downhill from here on out for him.
The only thing I didn't enjoy was sleeping in a tent! It wouldn't have been so bad, but Faye, Daphne and I all slept in the same bed! I tried having a sleeping bag for everyone by themselves the first night, but they got cold... yeah, i know, how do you get cold. So I just put the 2 sleeping bags together and we all slept together (but Phoebe, thank goodness, slept in the pack N Play) Daphne is the WORST, she always ended up sideways and kicking me in the head! I was so glad to wake up and get the crap out of there every morning.
Phoebe was a mess the whole time. I'm sure she ate lots of things I wouldn't want to know about. Daphne was just happy to be there, and Faye was with her cousins, who she loves (one in paticular, a little TOO much!) And now we are home and I keep finding earwigs everywhere!

5 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

I'll have to get some of the pics up that I got too. I'm just in the middle of helping make a 24th float and trying to get Josh off to Scout camp. Maybe later. Yours are cute.

Erin said...

Oh how fun! I am jealous I want to boat and ski. I am so glad you had fun! Ya sleeping in a tent isn't always the funnest is it.

The Bronson Bunch said...

You guys sound like you had a good time! I love, love, love Pineview!

Gill Family said...

a whole week in a tent I would have had to drive home and sleep in my own bed. matt would be jealous to see the boat pictures! who is Ava?

LouandAngela said...

We just experience Pineview for the first time yesterday! What a great place! We had a blast. Glad you did too!